Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A million miles a minute


Our wonderful YSA Family Home Evening. 



  
At the primary activity teaching these wonderful kids. 




Roland and Ingrid´s wedding!!




The days just are getting busier and busier. But, I suppose that is a good thing. I am totally ending with a bang! Haha. We actually have two goodbye parties planned for me. One at Bonnie´s house this Saturday and then one on Monday night for my final FHE at the Jacobssons. Wow. 

After that Syster Schneiber and I will be leaving Tuesday morning to head to Örebro and then Stockholm! Yes, you heard right, I asked President if there would be any way if I could go and see a great friend I made in my first area and do a spilts type of thing on my way to Stockholm and he said yes! That means next Tuesday I will be ending my mission right where I started my mission. And I will be going on spilts with Syster Francis! My last missionary lesson will be to Jaana, who I love so very much, with Syster Francis. I am so happy. I could not think of a better way to end my mission.

 
Haha. If you were just walking by me right now you would probably think that I am crazy because I just cannot stop smiling. My mission has been wonderful and boy, I am so looking forward to the next step in my life! I know that there is a lot of good to be done at home and I can´t wait. Woohooo!!!! Look out Provo.. Talisa is coming back. And this time even more spiritual. Bam! Man, I love you all so so much and the pictures that you sent this week got me really excited to come home and start going to art and music shows again with all of you. I love my family!!!

 
Okay.. this week has been insane. I don´t even know where to start. We had an amazing FHE on Monday night with all of our YSA´s in the branch at an awesome members house, a mini zone conference on Tuesday in Lund, a missionary primary activity, two teaches with some less-actives families who want to come back to church, our choir sang in sacrament meeting, and Roland and Ingrid got married!! Ahhh. I love non-stop serving. This is the life.

 
Yesterday, was my last church meeting in Kristianstad, because next week we are having Stake Conference in Malmö! I am looking forward to that. It will be a great way to say goodbye to Sweden. I am really looking forward to meeting Mikeal and Senja´s baby! Today was Joel Sandelin´s last Sunday here before he goes out on his mission and that was really neat. I love his family so much, they really have taught me a lot. Sister Sandelin reminds me a lot of mom and I love her so much! Joel and both of his parents spoke in church and I got to bear a short goodbye testimony. I actually starting crying. Oh, no... I don´t want to become known as a crier like my mom. Haha. Love ya mom! Anyway, just before I got up to speak our choir,  that Syster Jacobs and I had started up, sang and it was wonderful. I am sure the audience could feel of the sweet spirit exuding from our choir. It was an experience that I will never forget. Standing up on the stage and looking down on the branch that I love so much was memorable, singing as loud as I could in Swedish. We also had 9 investigators at church! Wow. The second harvest has begun!!

 
After church Syster Schneiber and I headed down to Malmö for Roland and Ingrid to get married by the Stake President. It was great and since we traveled down and back with them we met some of their friends along the way and got a chance to share the gospel that way. I love being with members,  or soon to be members! We have their baptism planned for this Friday!! My last baptism the weekend before I go home. I am in heaven. And they are two Swedes! That means I will have taught and baptized a total of three Swedes on my mission. The Dunn's are such a blessing to us - they came down and made us a lovely wedding dinner after the wedding and then ate with us. They are a wonderful missionary couple from Colorado. I love them so very much.

 
Wow... I have so many stories, but they can wait until next week when I will be able to just tell them all to you face to face! Yippee. 

I will end with a miracle. On Tuesday the primary had a missionary activity planned where the kids would go out and visit our investigators and less-actives that we have been working with. It went wonderfully! I got to go with three members to visit our 11 year old investigator. It was a great experience to watch the cute little kids bear their testimonies and share the message. And Syster Schneiber got to go with three other members to meet some people who are not members -  referrals for us! A family who said we were welcóme to come back and teach them more! This family knows some of our members and because of that we have ended up getting the chance to teach them! Proof again that working through members is really the only way to do missionary work!

 
Well, I love ya all! I will write one more time and then HELLO! After you guys pick me up from the airport I would love to go and eat somewhere and see people. You guys know me.. party! Plus Syster Dabb will be at the airport to say hello to me and Syster Detinne-Cassel! YES! Two of my old missionary companions there with us. Joy. And thank you for putting together a welcome back party I am really looking forward to that and to my 20 boxes in storage with my clothing. I can´t wait to wear my crazy clothes again! Love ya!
 

Talisa!
Aka: Syster Vistaunet

No comments:

Post a Comment