Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Goodbye Sverige!

The feeling that I have right now is very strange. Knowing that this
will be my very last email home is kind of exciting. I am super excited
to come home and continue on with my life. There will always be a part
of my heart in Sweden though. I love this country and the wonderful
people that I have met during the last 18 months. When you serve
people with everything you have you develop a undescribable feeling
for them.


My very last Sunday in Sweden I was able to travel down to Malmö for
Stake Conference with two of my converts. We had a little
scripture study session on the way down and then had an amazing new
convert meeting with the Stake President and the area Seventy. There were a
total of nine new converts and five of them I had the chance to teach
and be a part of their conversion! It was a wonderful blessing.



This morning I spent my personal study time studying the blessings that I
have recieved on my mission because of my obedience. I have a very
strong testimony of obeidence. The last six months of my mission have
been the best six months because of the change that I had in myself.
I am most happy when I am obedient and follow the rules and
commandments from God. On the way home last night we ran into three
members that I got to say goodbye to, what a blessing. Heavenly Father knows
each one of us personally and He knows just what to bless us with.
He knows what blessing we personally need at every moment in our
lives. Sometimes I feel like we just aren´t aware of the blessings
that we are receiving.


Anyways, my heart is filled with love for Sweden and I will miss this
wonderful country! I hope that I will be able to come back and visit
next summer. We will see how much money I can save up. Haha.


Another blessing that I recieved this week was a baptism! It
was Friday night and it was beautiful. The Spirit was present. Syster
Schneiber and I actually sang "Heavenly Father, are you really there?"
in Swedish at the baptism and we did a great job. I am so grateful for
the gift of singing that I have been able to use on my mission. I
am now not scared to sing all by myself. We split up into parts even
and it sounded great! We had about 25 people at the baptism and it was
wonderful. Marie and Brita gave the talks for us and they were
perfect. I really love the members here and boy, am I ever going to
miss them! I feel once again very blessed to have been able to serve
in Kristianstad.


I will end my last email with one more miracle teach that we had
earlier this week. We had set up with a less-active family to go over
and teach the entire family, but  once we got there we saw that only
the kids were home. We had planned to show the restoration movie but,
the moment we walked in the door I felt a very strong prompting that
we need to just read with them in the Book of Mormon. We sat down and
talked for a little bit... the entire time I had a prayer in my heart
asking Heavenly Father what to read with them. Syster Schneiber said
the opening prayer and then it hit me, we needed to read the story of
Enos. I had just read it a couple of days earlier and at that moment I
was very grateful for my personal scripture study, that I was able to
use it for someone else. We sat there and read the story of Enos with
these two less-active teenagers and it went really well. You could
tell that they were actually listening! We both testifed strongly of
the power of prayer. I felt God´s love very strongly for those two
teenagers and I will never forget that. When we listen to the Spirit
and act upon the promptings we recieve then we will see miracles.


I have loved my mission! I am so grateful for all the life long
lessons that I have learned. I am definitely a changed person and I
am looking forward to the rest of my life in the service of my
Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on the earth
today! And I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today, Pres. Monson. I am so
grateful for Joseph Smith and everything that he did for us. I know he was God´s prophet.


See you all soon! I love you all and thank you for all the support
that I have had! Pretty soon your Swedish daughter will be home.
Yippee!!


Love, Love, Love, Talisa!
AKA: Syster Vistaunet

No comments:

Post a Comment