Monday, September 3, 2012

Last Zone Conference and missionary fireside


The first picture is from my last zone conference with Elder Albertison and Syster Detinne-Cassel... both from my MTC group!



Then some fun girls from the branch here in Kristianstad.. I will miss them! The pink and black girls!


Woah! Once again I just love my life. 

This past week was my last Zone Conference, and boy was that strange. It was a very emotional Conference for me. The part that got me the most was singing with all the other missionaries and realizing that that would be my last time singing with a missionary choir and being a missionary. Elder Kearon from the Quorum of the Seventy's came and he brought such a happy spirit with him. He is from England and the very first thing that he said to us was "thank you for your service". He stood in front of us and for about five minutes thanked all of us missionaries for our service. It was an amazing experience. I really felt like I was being thanked directly from the Lord. I am so grateful for the leaders in the church. I know without a doubt that this is God´s true church on the earth. After we had lunch at the Conference the departing missionaries had the chance to bear their testimonies, which meant me. That was a surreal experience. I bore my testimony about missionary work and about how the only way to have real success with missionary work is by working with the members. I am so grateful that I have had the chance to be here in Kristianstad for four months and to end my mission here. I love it!

 
We have three investigators who are really progressing and I am hoping and praying that they will be able to be baptized next weekend before I go home. Which will mean a marriage for two of them too. I have been praying and fasting for them. But, I really don´t want to push anything if they are not ready. But, I do also feel like they are very prepared.They all came to church yesterday and it felt like they were already members of the church. It was wonderful.

 
Yesterday at church Syster Schneiber and I had the chance to teach the first hour to the entire branch. We had been asked by our zone leaders to prepare a Fireside for our branches before Stake Conference to give them training on how to be member missionaries. We both felt like it went really well. The main idea for the Fireside came from a talk called "The missionary next door", a wonderful talk. We talked about what every investigator needs in order to be truly converted. They need a social and a spiritual conversion. The members are in charge of the social conversion and the missionaries are in charge of the spiritual conversion. After all, it is so much easier to invite your friend to a ward party than to actually teach them about the word of wisdom. It was really great to be able to teach the entire branch in Swedish one last time before I go home. I love this branch and I will miss them so much.

 
A couple of days ago we had an amazing missionary experience. We were out in Hässleholm teaching some new converts and while on the bus we met a really nice woman and her two daughters. We began talking with them because we noticed that the Mom was wearing a cross necklace. We asked if they were Christian and how being Christian has helped them through out their lives. Within seconds the Mom was telling us all about her family situation and how they have experienced a lot of death recently in their family. Syster Schneiber and I knew exactly what needed to be done. We pulled out a plan of salvation pamphet and started teaching them God´s plan for families. They were hooked and by the time we got off the bus we had made some new friends. We have an appointment to go back this Wednesday to teach them more about God´s plan for them. Heavenly Father is really preparing his children for missionaries and we have been finding them! If we just open our mouths like the scriptures say then we will be blessed and be lead to those who are prepared.

 
The scripture that I have really enjoyed this week was Moroni 7:33. If we but put our faith in Christ then he will take care of the rest. We had another spiritual teach with a member and I was led by the Spirit to share that scripture and it turned out that it was just what the member needed to hear. She bore her testimony the next day in church thanking me for listening to the Spirit and sharing with her that scripture. Strive to have more faith every day.

 
Well, I love you all! Only two more weeks! Today we are heading down to Malmö to do some final shopping and hanging out with the Elders. Don´t worry about me buying things ... I am. Haha. Something that I would really love is if you guys could schedule a welcome back party for me for that Saturday that I am back. I am so looking forward to parties again!!! 

Thanks.

 
Love, Love, Love,

Syster Talisa Vistaunet
 
Oh yeah.. a couple of days ago a Chinese student that Syster Jacobs and I started teaching got baptized in Gävle. Now we have had four baptisms together!


No comments:

Post a Comment