Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Book Of Mormon Challenge


 These photos are from our Temple trip to Copenhagen, Denmark.



We went on a canal tour of Copenhagen. It was lovely.






Friends in Sweden.


A wonderful Baptism!!



Members from one of my earlier areas.





Okay everyone,  I am going to start off this weeks letter with a
challenge. The challenge is to give out a Book of Mormon before I come
home. You have about  three months to accomplish this task. 


We had Stake Conference this past Sunday and the Malmö stake has
challenged all of the members to give out a Book of Mormon before
the next Stake Conference, which is the weekend before I come home,
September 19th. Syster Jacobs and I have already seen this challenge
bless the lives of the members here so,  I think it will
also bless the lives of the people I love at home. So, there
you have it my dear friends and family, I challenge you today to start
thinking and praying for those people around you who you can influence
and who you could give a Book of Mormon to before I come home. And
since I am a good missionary, I will be following up! Haha. In all
seriousness, I have a strong testimony that Heavenly Father is
preparing people all around us who are ready to hear about the gospel
from us. I also know that it might be hard to do this challenge in
Utah, but that is no excuse!  My cousin's husband is proof that there are still
many people out there who are waiting to hear the good news! So, start
praying tonight for the chance to be a missionary and I know that
Heavenly Father will help you. I will be praying for you all. Good
luck! You can do it.


This past week has been a highlight week of my mission. Actually this
past month has been a highlight month of my mission. I just can't
believe all the miracles that have been happening since we came
here to this city. There was a baptism this past week and it was an
amazing baptism. The morning was a little stressful, but we weren´t
going to let anything stop us. The branch showed up in great support
for this new brother. We had about 30 people come and Syster Jacobs
gave a wonderful talk on baptism and I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost.
After he was baptized he had the chance to bear his testimony and
that was an experience I will never forget. He came up out of the
water a completely new person, glowing brighter then anyone I have ever
seen. Repentance has been a big part of his conversion story and he
told us that in his language repentance means to turn back. He then
went on to say that all we have to do is remember to turn back to God.
I am so grateful for the chance that each of us have to partake of the
sacrament every Sunday and renew our baptismal covenants.




The work here has really taken off and every day Syster Jacobs and I
just have to kept reminding ourselves to be humble. The members here
are amazing and all they want to do is help us with our work. We
already have another investigator who we are working towards baptism
with and many others who are praying about baptism. I have seen a HUGE
difference in missionary work since I first came here because since day
one we got the members involved and that is really when the work takes
off and miracles happen. We have also been receiving lots of referrals
from members and our investigators. Sometimes Syster Jacobs and I
think we need another set of missionaries here to help the work.



Summer time is here now and the Swedes are getting really excited
about that. Graduation is this Friday and I am looking forward to
seeing another crazy graduation this year. I remember when I was in
Örebro last year and how shocked I was. It was awesome.


Lately, I have been surprised with Heavenly Father´s timing. I have a
strong testimony that everything happens for a reason and that where we
are now in our lives is for a reason and that is just what He wants
for us. I know my Heavenly Father answers prayers and
this past weekend at stake conference many of my personal prayers were
answered. There were two men there from the area Seventy and they
spoke on getting rid of fear and putting more faith in Jesus Christ, and
about not comparing yourself to people around you. Everyone is on
the pathway back to God but everyone is at different parts on their
indiviualized paths. We must remember who we are and that it is only
through Jesus Christ that we can be healed. I have never been so happy
in my whole life and I know without a doubt that this is God´s true
church on the earth today! At Stake Conference I had the chance to see
all of my really good friends from Halmstad. It was one of the most
exciting things to look out at the audience and be able to recognize 
many of the people sitting there, since I have served in three
of the areas in this Stake. My heart is in the south of Sweden and
always will be.


My goodness, little Henry just seems to be getting cuter and cuter
every week. I think my favorite picture in the whole world is of him
on top of the piano with Dad playing. Haha. Classic Vistaunet. 


Man, I LOVE you all so much! I am so grateful for your support and for the
great family that I have. Thank you so much for everything that you do
for me. Enjoy all the pictures. Today we are heading way down South to
teach a family. 


Be good and remember to start thinking of someone you can
give a Book of Mormon to! This challenge is for everyone who reads
this and wants to accept the challenge- no matter how many times you
have given out a Book of Mormon.. do it again!


Much love, Syster Talisa Vistaunet!

No comments:

Post a Comment