Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Brimming with Happiness


Syster Jacobs and I eating both a hot dog and ice cream at the same time. Haha. This is the life.





Crazy Swedish  high school graduation! We had an investigator and a member graduate so we went and saw both of them! I think that the Swedes have the best way ever to celebrate graduation. I really wish that I had graduated high school here. Actually, not really, I love Utah. But it's pretty cool. The entire city comes out and watches the parade of students coming down the street -  it reminds me of the 4th of July in Provo. Later that night we went to a members house
for a graduation party and it was so much fun. We are so blessed here.




Hello everyone!!


Happy Father´s day Daddy!! In honor of you we actually went to a
Cd-record shop today and I bought you a little something.
Smile. I am a good daughter... the best I think! Haha.  I also
found some really sweet girl rock group who sing in Swedish too. You
will love them. I only heard one song with lots of hand claps and
bought it right away. Three months from now I will be able to
listen to all of it. Yippee! I am still hoping that before I go home I
will run into a member of the Hives or the Sounds. Haha.



I also got news today that some of my Swedish friends from
Göteborg have bought their  tickets to America to visit! They will
actually be there when I get home and are planning on spending
Halloween with us. Rock N´Roll! You will love them.



Miracles are happening every single day. The work here is amazing and
we are going to have another Baptism this week!!! AHH. We
called President last week to tell him that we had gotten another
baptismal date for a Chinese student, but that it would have to wait
until August because she is going back to China for a month. He
suggested to us that we try to baptize her before she goes home. So
we decided to give it a try and we had an amazing teach on Saturday
night with her at Bonnie's home. Bonnie is the amazing American member
here and she helped us so much. We had dinner at her house that night
and then watched "Finding faith in Christ" in Chinese and asked her if
she would like to be baptized before she goes home. She thought about
it and then said yes. The biggest miracle about this is that in order
to attend church in China you have to have proof that you are a member
before you attend. This way she will have the chance to go to church in
her home land and be able to understand so much more!  We are going to
stay in touch with her when she is away through skype as well. So, we
are running around like a chicken with it´s head cut off trying to get
everything ready for the baptism. It will be this Wednesday and then
she goes home on Thursday.


The members are so proud of us and thank us every day for all the hard
work that we are doing here. One member came up to us and joked with
us saying "So, are you systers going to have a baptism every other
week then?" We laughed and looked at each other and said YES! We,
actually have our next baptism planned for July 7th. So,
it´s going to happen. After all, it is the Summer of Love.



The members here are seeing all of our hard work and because of that
we are gaining their trust. We work like crazy. We have been getting so many
referrals lately. More referrals then I have received in my whole
mission combined. I don´t know what has happened lately but, I don´t
want it ever to stop. We have a very packed week ahead of us with lots
of referral work. 



This Friday is Midsommers! That  means we get to
spend the entire day with our branch at the beach!  Wow. I love life. I
just can´t say enough about the wonderful members here. From day one
they welcomed us in and they are really taking their call to member
missionary work seriously. Syster Jacobs and I have a goal to see
seven baptisms together and pretty soon we will allready have had
three! So, we just need four more. We are showing our faith and
because of that I know that Heavenly Father will help us reach that
goal.



I love you all!

Love, Talisa!
AKA: Syster Vistaunet

No comments:

Post a Comment