Monday, June 4, 2012

25 teaches and a trip to the Denmark Temple!


Wow. 

Every single day I feel more and more blessed to be the Lord´s missionary. This past week has been the best week of my entire mission. We found 4 new investigators, had 7 investigators in church, and actually had 20 teaches with just investigators!! And then 5 other teaches to members. Syster Jacobs and I sometimes feel like this area could use two more missionaries. The time is NOW for the 2nd harvest here in Kristianstad, Sweden. And the best part is that we even missed an entire full day of working because we went to the Denmark Temple. We now know that it is totally possible to get  20 teaches every single week.

 
I am in love with Denmark!  Copenhagen is one of the coolest european cities I have been to. There is just so much history there and so many really neat old bulidings. We got to Denmark around 8:30am last Friday and then did a temple session at 9:30am. That felt really good to be in the temple. I am really looking forward to being able to go to the temple more often when I get home. Syster Jacobs and I traveled with the systers who are in Karlskrona - Systers Ridl and Winterton. They are both really great systers and we are hoping that we will get to go on splits with them soon. After the session we visited the chapel there and that was really neat too and while there we met a really nice older man who was cleaning up the church and he asked where we were from. We said the Sweden mission. He was so happy to hear that and asked what we have planned for the rest of the day... we said just touring around Denmark. He then offered to feed us lunch and then be our tour guide for the afternoon! He is American and is married to a Danish women and they fed us lunch and then he was our tour guide. He really reminded me of Grandpa Pete - just a really nice, older people person. We had a blast! He first took us all to see the Christus statue - which was just as breath taking the second time around as it was the first. Then we headed to see the little mermaid statue. But, on the way there he said "well how would you systers like to go on a canal tour? They leave every 30 mins and only cost like 8 bucks".  We said yes! So we went on an hour long canal tour of Copenhagen. It was wonderful. It even started raining- an extra bonus. Friday was a very memorable day. And boy, am I grateful for members who love missionaries!

 
This upcoming Friday we are going to have a baptism!! This man is from Iran and President told us that he actually is one of the most well prepared people for baptism that he has interviewed. That made us fell really good. Yesterday, he actually got up and bore his testimony at church and it was such an amazing experience. The entire Branch loves him and they really are taking good care of him. He is one of the most prepared people we have ever met. We know that he will be a wonderful member for the rest of his life. Ahh. I am just so happy! People from the branch just kept coming up to us after church as well telling us what a blessing we are to them. We have brought with us a fire and this Branch is so ready to be used for helping with missionary work. The time is now! I am just so grateful that I have had the chance to be part of this miracle for the Krisitanstad Branch. I know that Heavenly Father led us to this man and that Syster Jacobs and I were meant to be transfered here together. I LOVE LIFE!!!

 
And unfortuantely the time is up. Ah.. I feel like I could just keep writing for hours. But, missionary work calls. 

I love you all! And I love all the wonderful pictures from little Henry´s blessing. I am glad Corryn got my b-day package. Oh yeah ... tell my lovely Grandma´s Happy Birthday!

 
Peace, love, and the gospel.

Love, Talisa!!!

 
Sorry no pictures.. unless we have time to go to the church to send some. Maybe... the computers in the city library sometimes will upload and sometimes will not. Lame. But, today I did buy myself a sweet Swedish shirt that says Sverige on it. That´s Sweden in Swedish. Much better. And a bag with Sverige on it too. And then a new H&M polka dot shirt. Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment