Thursday, March 15, 2012

Beautiful Sweden.


Transfers just happened and I will be staying here in Gävle and training again. Yay! Syster Jenson and I leave very early Wednesday morning and a cute member is going to drive us to the train station. I am so grateful for nice members. Then I will get back into Gävle around 5pm and after that we have a welcoming party at the church for the new missionary. So, hardly any time to drop off luggage. Straight to missionary work baby! Another cool thing that I found out is that Systers Juker, Detinne-Cassel, and I will all be training at the same time!! I am so excited to see them.

Last pday we had a blast! Eight Elders came to Gävle to play football and frisbee. Even though I didn´t really play I still had a lot of fun with them. We also stopped and got hot choclate and talked. I love finding other missionaries who love music just as much as I do and talking with them. The first couple of pictures are from that fun pday last week.



I have found a great friend here in Sweden. The picture is of us goofing off. She is a 16 year old girl who was baptized a couple of years ago. Every Wednesday night we have an activity at the church for the youth. It is a fun night where the youth can invite their friends to come to church and meet the missionaries in a non-threatening way. It's a really good resource for us here and I love being able to meet so many young people and be able to help them understand more about how to be happy in life.

This past week we played ping pong and we both got really hyper and were laughing a lot. We had a young girl investigator come and she could not understand why we were so happy and laughing all the time. Everyone there just said "oh, that's just who they are". Haha. I love her. She really reminds me a lot of me when I was younger. She even wore a crazy 1960´s outfit last week.


This past weekend Syster Jenson and I got spoiled! We started the day off with a lovely ride out to the ocean with some great people. They had packed a breakfast-lunch for us to eat. We saw the ocean and then took another little drive and pulled over in the middle of the woods to picnic. I love Sweden! They keep promising me lots of berry picking during the summer.

After that we got on a train to visit some amazing friends that are investigators. They live about an hour away. Once we got there we were welcomed with hugs and lots of laughs. They are always so happy. We helped cook some African food with them for lunch-dinner and while we were doing that the Dad kept quizzing us on our Bible knowledge. He knows the Bible really well and it was a lot of fun to see how much we actually knew. We focused most of the discussion on Jesus Christ and the Dad asked us why we call ourselves Christian. I said because everything is focused around Jesus Christ and His life. He is our perfect example and I try everyday to live like He did. It was a great Bible time. They had invited two more friends to come over and listen to us too. By the end of the night we gave everyone a Book of Mormon and left with really good memories. We also got to try on some amazing African clothes!! It was a great time!


This week we had district meeting over skype again. It´s super strange. But, Elder Davis, our district leader wanted all of us to try and teach people using it. He had invitied one of their investigators to join us and we all took different turns teaching this investigator over skype! It was really neat to see how much good can come form technogly. It really is a huge blessing for missionary work and now we have yet another resource to use when invesitgators live too far away. Wow. We are supposed to use skype every other week.

This week we get to travel to Borlänge for district meeting and then after it we are going to do a finding activity with all the other missionaries there. A great way to welcome the three new missionaries to missionary work here in Sweden! I am looking forward to it.

Yesterday at church we had an amazing day. The theme was missionary work and after that we seemed to get a lot of members talking to us and we even scheduled more dinners. Haha.

The best thing that happened yesterday was that a member who hadn't been to church in a while came to church! She is a wonderful woman. After church she took us home to her house and made us really yummy food and we watched "Legacy" together. I love her, she's my Swedish Auntie. Every time we go over she always teaches us some Swedish culture and we eat or make some Swedish food. I love her! I really want her to know how much Heavenly Father loves her. She's great!

One last thing.. I was looking through my notes that I got from people before I came here of Swedish people that any of my friends or family knew. I found one of those and read off the names of Kurt and Gerd Sjöqvist, friends of Caitlin´s grandparents!! They are the artists that I talked about a couple of weeks ago. But, I just put two and two together that they are friends with Donnette´s parents! Small world in the church.
Love, Talisa!

AkA: Syster Vistaunet

I am happy.

1 comment: