Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Peanut Butter and Jelly






Hej!

So, last pday was lame, we didn't go bowling and I still don't know why. All the missionaries in our zone came here and we just stayed at the center. So, around 3:00 I called my YSA friends and asked them if they would be willing to take me out. They came and we had a ball! They took me around Goteborg and to some amazing candy shops! YUM. And to a store called "Beyond Retro". Which I loved! These pictures are from my adventure last pday with some YSAs. I LOVE them! And today we are going to hang out with them again and go to the islands. I am excited.


Let's see...this past week we had a lot of teaches. They went pretty well. We finally got the chance to teach the man who stopped me on the tram a couple of weeks ago to pray for his son! He came to the center and we talked about prayer and why it works. We also taught him how to pray, so he can pray for his son as well. We found out that he is really depressed and on the weekends he goes out with his friends and drinks a lot. But, he did tell us that he wanted to stop drinking. So, that's a good sign. He is amazing and is so ready for our message. We will be meeting with him this week as well. We will see if he has done any reading and praying. We send him texts almost every day with a scripture for him to read. The whole mission got new phones this week! They are wonderful- and have some really good ring tones.



A couple of weeks ago we found a list entitled "People to call" so we have been calling them and seeing if they are still interested in meeting and from that list we have gotten many appointments and new investigators. We have a total of 12 investigators right now and we are still finding people to teach when we are on the tram. Almost every day we get a new phone number. I love Goteborg!! We actually got to go to Chamlers- which is the University here- and teach a couple of students there this week. When we were walking around the campus it made me miss UVU.... a lot. I am excited for when I get back home to continue on and get my Masters degree.


We had four member middags (dinners) this past week and three of them were with the Elders. There is a lot of work to do here in Goteborg! We actually have a total of seven missionaries in our ward including the older couple- The Andersons. Lovely. Syster Juker and I gave the spiritual thought yesterday, all in Swedish, about prayer! It was really neat because we are the two least experienced missionaries. We are really trying to get this language down.


Guess what!? I am the official cook. That's right everyone - I can cook! And when I get home I will be cooking like crazy. I LOVE it! I make almost every lunch and I have been making tons of treats to bring to people. Life is good.


Syster Juker has a song called PB and J and we have been listening to it all week. Then on Saturday we went to a members house and they fed us PB and J for lunch! It was so much fun- all five of us missionaries went over there and we did service for them in their yard. It made me miss working in the yard. Which I really never did before.. Haha. But, I am telling you, I love it! We did so much work.

Life here is really good! I hope everyone is enjoying school and work! Remember - every morning we choose if we are going to be happy or not. Ask the Lord every day.. how can I be your instrument? I know that He will lead you to who you can help that day. Miracles happen.. if you believe! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Love, Talisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment