Monday, September 19, 2011

And that's my brain thought.

Boat ride!




We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, and this was hanging above our table.

Hello one and all!


I have come to the conclusion that I am in Heaven. I love it here and would be happy if I served the rest of my mission here. This morning I came to the conclusion that I need to become better friends with all the YSA's and YW in my ward. And then get them to come on teaches with us and start teaching their friends. So, this week I am going to really focus on building strong relationships and making sure that I am always uplifting the person I am talking to. Last week we had a teach with a very amazing investigator! We had the bishops daughter, who is almost 17 years old, come and help teach with us. She brought such a sweet spirit and we really enjoy working with the cute younger girls. We have had many of them ask us if they could help us with teaches. We are making a difference! I love them.


If you ever have the chance to help the missionaries out and go on teaches...do it! You will have an amazing experience and it will change your life. I have a much bigger love for the missionaries of the church now that I am one. I can see how much work goes into strengthening the church and how important working with members is. You can make a difference! Don't ever be afraid to talk about the gospel with a friend, because you never know what could happen. Miracles happen, especially when you put all of your faith and trust in the Lord.


Last night we got to go to the institute and watch the CES fireside with Elder and Sister Oaks. It was amazing! They were both really powerful. Elder Oaks focused on being bold when we are talking with people about our faith. We must always remember that there is a God, and it is our duty as members to tell the world that God exists. My favorite part was when he quoted President Hinckley and said, "We must be in the world, but not of the world."


This past week Syster Juker and I had three teaches by ourselves. Luckily they were all in english. We both had the moment of realization that we are missionaries. It is a really neat experience to teach with your companion from the mtc. I am loving life. We have two investigators who are getting baptized soon! Oct. 1st during the day is the first baptism and then that night we will go to General Conference. That will be an amazing day. Our other baptism is a man from Ghana, Africa and it is planned for Oct. 8th. The work is moving forward like crazy and I am so thankful that I have the chance to be a part of it.


We teach Swedish class every week to about ten people and this week we did one-on-one reading activities and it was amazing how much the Lord helped me to be able to speak in Swedish. I am amazed that I can speak Swedish. We also made sushi at chill night this past week and it was really good and really easy! I loved it. We were amazed at how many investigators and less actives came to chill night. I felt so popular... talking to everyone and trying to be the best missionary I can. Every day I can feel myself coming closer and closer to Christ and our Heavenly Father. I love the gospel!


Love, Talisa!
Aka: Syster Vistaunet


All of these pictures are from our Island adventure last p-day. Off the coast of Göteborg there are a bunch of islands and with our bus card we could ride the boat and go around the islands. It was really cool! We didn't get off the boat, we just went on a ride around and enjoyed being on the ocean. It was a lot of fun! Then after the island boat trip we went back into town and went to eat lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe! I was in heaven. We sat at a table with Sid Vicous' vest. Rad. Rock N' Roll is here to stay! So, enjoy the pictures from my past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment