Sunday, September 11, 2011

Jesus was like a Hippie.

Syster Jenson, Syster Juker and Syster Vistaunet in Goteberg!




Hello everyone!

Well, the church is true. This past week has been a crazy organization week. Syster Juker and I got our new companion- Syster Jenson. Who we LOVE! We all get along really well and it feels like a sister type relationship already. It is really nice. Syster Jenson is from Utah as well. On Thursday we went to this really neat watch tower place in the city and looked out over the whole city. When we were up there we made transfer goals and talked about all the people that we need to find. This city is huge and we are really grateful that we have two Elders who will be helping us with the work. It has been crazy this week trying to figure out which investigators to give to the Elders and showing them around the city.


Yesterday a family from the ward invited all five of us missionaries over for dinner. It was so much fun and so strange to have Elders with us. We can tell that we are going to become one big family. We have seen them every day since they arrived. Haha. Elder Smith and Elder DeLow. It's going to be a good transfer. We have some plans for doing finding work together - Like singing, chalk drawings, or setting up a table! The future is bright and we have some good things in store.


This is my schedule every week-
Monday- P-day! Institute meeting at 6pm and then FHE at 7pm.
Tuesday- Teaching, Finding, and then 6pm Movie night at the institute.
Wednesday- Teaching, Finding, teach Swedish class 5pm, usually a middag- dinner, and then institute at 7pm.
Thursday- District Meeting, Lunch with everyone, teaching our dopdatum (investigator!), and teaching and finding.
Friday- Teaching, Finding, Weekly Planning, and then chill at the institute- 7pm.
Saturday- Teach Swedish class- 1pm, service, teaching, finding.
Sunday- Meeting, Church, Middag, and then teaching or calling people!


This past week I had an amazing experience at the Institute!! On Friday night we had Chill and at the chill 16 year olds and up were invited. I was in heaven! It was a pie night. I met so many people and talked to so many new faces. It is an amazing feeling being a missionary at these events. I felt so loved and so looked up to. I was the cool, older, sister missionary. I made friends with some young girls around Serina's age. I have heard that in the past, they have gone out on splits with the sisters and I really hope that I get to do that! I totally want to work with teenagers for the rest of my life. I had so much fun and they really helped me with my Swedish! But, for the most part we did speak English. I am SO grateful that almost everyone here can speak english.


My testimony regarding prayer has grown so much this past week. When we go to middags (dinners) we leave a spiritual thought and ask them if they have anyone that they would like us to pray for and then we can be praying together for them. Since doing this we have gotten two really positive investigators and some less actives showing up to activities! Prayer is a real tool that everyone can use everyday at any moment. Sometimes life gets so hectic and we forget to pray. Which is silly because it is the most important thing that we can do to become closer to our Heavenly father. Prayer works and Heavenly Father often answers our prayers through another person. Look for the ways your prayers have been answered and thank Heavenly Father for answering your prayers. Read Mosiah 27: 14. It is where Alma the younger gets visited by an angel because his father has been praying for him.


Our investigator, the one who is getting baptized on Oct. 1st, is amazing. We learn something new from her every week. This past week we asked her how she grew up- religious wise and who Jesus was to her. She answered us by saying he was like a Hippie. Haha. Good to know.


Well, I LOVE you all! We are off to do a zone activity today! We are going BOWLING! I am very excited. I haven't been for 6 months! Hopefully I will get more than 50. Haha.


Love, Talisa!

Aka: Syster Vistaunet


Happy Birthday to my sweet cuz Alex tomorrow!!
And Happy Birthday to those September birthdays!- Tom Taylor, Zoe Taylor, Penelope, Grandpa Vistaunet, Evelyn Paulos, Jared Parker, Uncle Matt,and Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment