Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ice cream that melts in your mouth!



Yummy! Best ice cream ever!
Caught in a downpour!

Hello one and all!

My talk went really well on Sunday! Thanks everyone for your support and prayers. I was really nervous, so I started out my talk by saying "I am stressed so if you could just smile at me throughout my talk that would help." And everyone laughed. And then they all smiled at me throughout my talk. I love this ward. I really felt the help from my Heavenly Father when I was speaking. I know the gift of tongues is real because after I was done everyone said that I did a great job at pronunciation. Which is the hardest part for me. Everyone said I did a great job and I got a lot of hugs today. I am starting to feel more confident with the language all though it is still really hard. I spoke for about ten minutes! I was happy.

This has been a very eventful week. Last p-day we took it easy and went to a second hand shop that I loved! I got a sweet vintage skirt and yellow shoes! And I only spent about 20 bucks with some records and cds thrown in as well. Haha.

Today we are going to Maribery, which I guess is a huge shopping area. I love shopping and seeing what Sweden has to offer and since it is my companions last transfer she likes to go as well. That makes me happy. We get along so well.. we are very much the same, but at the same time we are SO different. Haha. It's wonderful and our lessons go so well because we are such good friends! We are about half way through the transfer-which is CRAZY!! The time is flying by.

I saw a poster the other day for a concert head lining: Coldplay, Glasvegas, and Brandon Flowers. Oh baby. Luckily I have all ready seen two of those bands and I was even kissed by the lead singer of one of them. Oh, Glasvegas! Haha. Life is good.

This past week we went to Nora, which is about 40 minutes away, to visit a new convert and he had a friend for us to meet as well. We met with his friend for a while and we taught the first lesson in English, because they are Africans. He already had a Book of Mormon and had been reading it when we met him. This was the first time I have taught the whole first lesson to a investigator and the Spirit was so strong! Oh, my goodness I am loving missionary work! We will be meeting him again this week. Nora is also where the BEST ice cream in the whole world is! It costs 5 bucks but it is so worth it. Peaches, hazelnut, and vanilla all in a waffle cone. YUM!

We taught at a high school again this week and we are hoping to teach the teacher because she was very interested. Then we ate with the nice lady we met last week, twice this week! She is like our mom here in Örebro. We even went shopping with her because she wanted to show us all the good deals. When we left her house she gave us tons of bread, goodies, and veggies. We love her! And a young woman we are teaching is getting closer and closer to her baptismal date. We meet with her all the time as well. She will be graduating from High School next week and she invited us to go! I am so excited to see how they celebrate graduations here. Because it sounds very different.

Thank you SO much for sending me my rain jacket. As you can see from the pictures I really have used it a lot. We rode our bikes home the other day in the rain! It just came out of nowhere and it was insane. But, really fun. A member even said she saw us. We also play fotboll (soccer) all the time and I hate it. Haha. But, my companion loves it and it is a good way to get to know all the members and we invite our investigators. I pretty much sing and talk with anyone who seems like they don't want to play either.

Wow- this was a long letter. Haha. I guess I am just so excited. I love you all!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORRYN!!! And Happy birthday to Lindsay, Leah K., Lynn, Zach, Mat6t, Luke, Tee-Tah, Char, Christopher, and both Grandmas! May was a good month. Just know that I thought of each of you on your special day!

Love, Talisa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment