Tuesday, June 7, 2011

In 5 years time...

After our district meeting we visited a Viking cemetary in Vasteras, Sweden. It was so cool.




Howdy!

Man.. when I read the email from you guys, and saw the picture of all of you with Noah and The Whale, I got a little sad. It made me miss home and going to concerts. But, alas, I knew this would happen. Life will go on. Maybe when they come to Sweden I will be able to sneak by and hear a song.. haha. Even better, I will share the gospel with them! After all the gospel is for everyone.

Wow. The weeks really go by so fast. Yesterday in church we had 3 investigators!! We were so happy. And that day President and Syster Anderson came as well. It was a good day for my Mission President to come. And Syster Hegstrom, my teacher in the MTC, came as well. She is in Sweden visiting. It was really nice to see her again. We had dinner yesterday with her and her dad at the Ward mission leaders home. It was lovely and we had rhubarb pie for dessert! People here love rhubarb and make the pie all the time... I LOVE it.

This week was a good week for the work. We went back to that school that we taught in and taught the teacher. She is amazing and is so prepared for the gospel. She was introduced to it when she was 22 while being a nanny in New Jersey. She had always remembered it, but never went again. Then she invites the missionaries to speak to her class. She is ready to hear the message now. We had a great discussion about Prophets and authority.

This week we watched The Testament. I love that movie. It can really bring the Spirit and helps people to understand more of the gospel. A wonderful lady we have become good friends with and have been teaching came to church on Sunday!! She sat by me and loved it. It was fast sunday so people bore their testimonies and she loved that. She told me that she had stopped going to church, any church, because it never gave her a uplifting happy feeling. She said our church was different and we are excited to meet with her again this week.

Our ward mission leader is amazing and is always at the church cleaning it and taking care of the yard. So, we did a lot of service this week helping him. He always says he does it for the new members who will be coming. He has so much faith and is a great example to me.

Last thursday we went to a viking graveyard in VasterĂ¥s. It was really cool.. we had district meeting there. The AP´s came to it as well. We had a lovely walk in the country side of Sweden. Tomorrow we are going to Stockholm for Zone Conference. I am very excited to meet more missionaries and talk about the work. Missionary work is amazing and I will continue to do it my whole life.

Much Love, Talisa!
Aka: Syster Vistaunet

P.S. We are meeting with the Rockabilly investigator today on P-day! That´s right we are always doing the work. I am excited to see him again, it's been a couple of weeks.

Happy Birthday!! To those in June!! To my sweet cousin Ashley today! And Alex Morrise, Donna Ridge, Brent Hutchison, Noah Kershisnik, Caleb, Andrea Carrier, and Kendra!!


No comments:

Post a Comment