Saturday, April 23, 2011

The saga of Harry Potter...


Hello world!
So, this has been a wonderful week! Last night we had Elder Richard G. Scott come and talk to us. It was amazing! I have never felt the Spirit so strongly. I know that he is an Apostle of God. He bore such a strong testimony. And he blessed us with an apostolic blessing of having the gift of tongues. And when he was doing that he was looking straight at me. I felt very loved. We sat really close and Elder Scott kept looking over at us and smiling. I felt like I made a real connection. One of the Norway elders knows him really well and got to have dinner with him beforehand and his family were the ones who drove him down. So, we all saw his family. Way cool.
I am finally becoming more and more like myself. Shaky gave me really good advice before he came to just be yourself. I don't think I really realized how hard that actually would be. I am very grateful for everything that I have learned about myself here at the mtc. And I can't believe that I will be leaving in a week and a half!! Tomorrow we get our travel plans!! Which means I will get to call you- my family - really soon!!
The more I come out of my shell that more I think my companions and district think I am crazy. Haha. I love it! One of the Dutch teacher's here gave me a strange compliment yesterday. I was wearing my blue skirt with a green top and he said "Syster, you're wearing a green shirt with that blue skirt? Hmm.. cool." It made me laugh.
Syster Detinne Cassel and I met an Elder here who looks like Harry Potter and he is stalking us. He shows up everywhere! At first it was cute but now it is getting creepy. Actually it is still really funny. We love him. The other day we walked into our classroom and on my desk and Syster Detinne Cassel's desk was a picture of him as Harry Potter. Haha. Syster Juker didnt get one though.. strange.
Man alive I have so much more to say but the time is done. I love you all!!! And I will be leaving soon.
Love, Talisa!
Aka: Syster Vistaunet

No comments:

Post a Comment