Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hey, what's up? Tell people to email me!

Well, I must say that Monday evening was wonderful. My district and the Norwegian missionaries were outside contacting people and reading from the scriptures and then I look up and see Serina waving her hands like crazy, hanging out the car window. It was exciting! I was glad I was wearing a bright green shirt that day, I was told that that was how Serina knew it was me. My Mom and Dad were also in the car. I heard my Dad screaming "SWEDEN"! Haha. That made my night. Nice to "see" my family. I LOVE you! And thanks for yelling at me!

The last couple of days have been wonderful! I am trying my hardest to be my happy self and cheer up everyone around me. It is crazy to see the difference between Sisters and Elders. I sometimes feel like I am the glue holding them together. I love them so much and I am learning how to deal with all types of people. It is truly helping me to want to be a counselor even more. Haha.

Let's see....this week we were asked to write down what our vision is for our mission. This is mine: To be able to help as many people as I can to know that we have a loving Heavenly Father and that He sent His son, Jesus, who is the Christ, to atone for everyone's sins. I want people to know that they can be forgiven of their sins. I envision making many new lifelong friends. Most importantly, I want to have people see the light of Christ in me. That way I can help them to have that same light and to know that the Holy Ghost is real.

I have about 2 1/2 weeks left and I am getting really excited to go to Sweden! We will most likely be leaving early Monday morning, May 2nd. Well, today we get to go to the temple and I LOVE doing that. It's crazy to think that once I get to Sweden, everything will be done in Swedish. I better really understand the temple. I really enjoy going to the temple.

Love, Talisa!
Aka: Syster Vistaunet

P.S. Well, everyone listen to Noah & the Whale for me. My companions love country music and the other day I was telling them "Country is not music" and they freaked. Haha. I am SO different than everyone. It's amazing to me how much the Lord loves each one of his children, no matter if they listen to country music or not. I am Talisa & I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints & I love rock & roll! Thanks again for all the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment