Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'm leaving on a jet plane!

Hello one and all!

It's crazy to think that the next time I will email I will be in Sweden! That is super rad. SWEDEN!! So, we leave Sunday morning at 5am! And we get into Stockholm around 9:30am Monday morning. Then we spend a couple of days at the mission home. Transfers aren't until Thursday, so I think the first couple of days are going to be sweet! We fly to NY and have a couple of hours and then we fly overnight to Sweden, which will be lovely. Hopefully I will be able to sleep.

Tuesday night we had Elder Dallin H. Oaks come and talk to us. It was amazing to get to hear two apostles speak while I have been here at the mtc. It was a good farewell, that's for sure. My favorite quote from the night was, "The Lord helps those who help themselves." I loved his talk. He also told us of three challenges most new missionaries have and they are:
1. The challenge to change.
2. To achieve specific skills like the language and teaching skills.
3. To become.

The most exciting thing that happened this week was...I finished the Book of Mormon!!! I finished on April 25th and it was the best feeling ever. I have never read it all the way through. I can now say that I know this gospel is true and I am so grateful for that knowledge. The stories in the Book of Mormon are amazing. i have never felt so ready to go and teach the gospel! Well, I take that back. I am so not ready to teach the gospel in Swedish. But, it will come. I know it.

Funny story: So, every week we meet with our district and have district inventory to talk about problems and to point out strengths and what not. Well, this week Elder Swenson said that I am the "Soul Queen" - which meant that I was the "bling" on a black shirt that is hard to miss. Haha. Well, this "Soul Queen" is ready to Rock 'n Roll in Sweden! I am going to bring happiness and joy and color to Sweden and they better be ready for the gospel, because I am coming!

I am so grateful for all the missionaries in the world.
I Love you all and thank you all for the support and letters! I love them.

Love, Talisa!
Aka: Syster Vistaunet


2 comments:

  1. gaaaahhhh!!! it's real!!! she's going! i'm SO happy for her. my goodness. sweden is about to get rocked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love her positive attitude! She will do wonderful things in Sweden!!! We will keep her in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete