Tuesday, September 2, 2014

2nd grade VS. 7th grade

I know now that I will always prefer 7th graders to 2nd graders. Chinese 7th graders are soooo cute. They are very respectful and stand up when asked a question. I love them. Every week I will have the chance to teach two seventh grade classes and I can all ready tell that they are going to be my favorite part of my ilp teaching experience. We have them for 40 minutes and teach them English out of their workbooks. We also will get the chance to play games with them and tell them all about America. 

Second graders are fun, but they just don't listen as well. And we have to plan out some kind of fun activity every day to do with them. This week and next I will be teaching drama. We have six different categories that we teach; gym, games, art, kitchen, drama, and shop. Every week we teach a different subject. 

Yesterday, I taught the three little pigs story. I had them all make little pigs out of paper and put them on Popsicle sticks. They really enjoyed doing that. Then I put on a "wolf" mask and acted like I was going to catch them all. That was fun. I had all eight of them screaming and running around. Haha. Then we made houses to protect them. That was a fun lesson. At one point in the lesson though I looked down and had all eight of them grabbing onto my legs acting like little pigs. Haha. Priceless. 

Life here is good. I love being a teacher and being with the kids every day. 

Last night I went out on the town with a couple of the other teachers and found the best store! Everything was super cheap and I was told that I could even barder cheaper! I am learning. I got myself a cute yellow bee shirt for only $5. I think I will go back tonight! I love it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment