Friday, August 29, 2014

Adventures in china

Wow. It has been almost two whole years since I have been home from my mission! And it's about time for me to get back into the world of blogging.

For the next four months I will be living in Nanjing, China. And I will be updating this blog for those who want to hear about my crazy adventures. Enjoy!

First impressions of china:

Smog. I finally saw the sky for the first time this afternoon, after being here for almost two whole days.

Crowds. Chinese people have no concept of space. You have to push yourself anywhere that you want to go.

Humidity. I feel like I never get dry from my shower. Still feel wet.... Like right now.

Toilets. Toilet paper does not exist and when you use your tissue to wipe you have to throw it away in the trash. Smelly.

Animals. They are everywhere. I have seen tons of dogs and cats roaming the streets.

I am really excited to be able to travel this amazing country. It is like no place I have ever been. So, next weekend we have a three day weekend and we have all decided that we are going to take advantage of that and go to Beijing!! I am excited to see the forbidden city, Great Wall, temple of heaven, tinanamen square, and the summer palace.

Then the next weekend we will travel to shanghai for our district conference. I will be staying with the Hayden's. :) and they told me that the YSA's have lots of activities planned for us.

And then our ten day vacation is October 1-7 and we will be traveling down south to Guilin, Yongshou, and Longshen.

And we start teaching on Monday!! I will be teaching 2nd and 7th grades. I am looking forward to being with the older kids. It will make me miss Dixon. We have had training all day yesterday and today.

I believe that is all for now! Until next time! #talisainchina






1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to visit Zian and the warriors...a wonderful historic site...so jealous of your wonderful adventure! I love and miss the Chinese people!!

    ReplyDelete