Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Goodbye Karlskrona

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I love you. Thank you for all your prayers.




Okay, so I am first going to write about an experience I had on my train ride to Gävle. I had been praying for help at every change on my route that I would have to make because I had so much luggage. The first switch a man helped me with everything. And then later he came to me and said "excuse me, I noticed your tag, would it be okay if we talked for a little bit?" Um.. YES! I thought. He then went on to say that he is a priest in a Swedish church and he was on his way to Mass with some youth from his church. He asked me about my work and how I liked it and why I decided to go on a mission. He had met missionaries before in Malmö years ago. Sisters actually, and they gave him a Book of Mormon. I asked him if it was hard to be Christian here and he said "yes, but we have a lot of faith in our youth". Good. I bore my testimony of Jesus Christ, God, and the Book of Mormon. Then we said goodbye. Within a couple of minutes he came back and said "the girls that I have with me would like to meet you and ask you questions about why you are a missionary and more about your church". Wow. I smiled and followed him. We had only ten minutes to talk but those girls and that man have no idea how much they helped me. They uplifted me and I hope I uplifted them. He thanked me for the work that I am doing here and wished me luck with the rest of my mission. That was an amazing experience to be able to testify to people who actually wanted to hear and learn. I felt the Holy Ghost guiding my words. I showed them the Book of Mormon but unfortunately since I was moving I didn't have one with me to give away. He said he had one and he would show the girls when they get back home. Very neat.

This past week we have had some amazing lessons. We are really focusing on doing this lesson called the zero lesson which is where we get to know the person, bear testimony, set up expectations, apply questions to the restoration, give a soft baptismal commitment, and then have them pray. We have had a chance to do it quite often lately and I LOVE it. It helps us as missionaries see who is prepared and who we should focus on.

There is a women we met at a bus stop a couple of weeks ago and we called her last week to see if we could come over. She said she had been sick so probably not. I said "we don't care, we want to come and see you and bring you soup". That made her very happy and she told us to come on over. So the next day we went over with soup and she was all smiles. I have never seen someone so happy to see us. She said "you girls are my only friends who have come by and visited me while I have been sick. Thank you." We talked about God. She said she kind of believes in God. She is super homesick and doesn't understand why God wants her to be in Sweden. Well, I can tell you why! She is here to meet us! The first lesson went amazing and we went back two days later and taught her the plan of salvation while sitting on her floor around a heater. It was an amazing experience and one I will never forget. We told her things that she had never thought about before and it made her really happy. I am very excited to hear about the progress that she makes.

Well, I am sure I am forgetting something...but, I love you all! Thank you for all the support and prayers.

This week I am focusing on charity and if you have the chance I challenge you all to read 1 Corinthians 13. Wonderful chapter all about what true charity is.

Remember to live in the moment because you never know when that moment will be gone! Enjoy yourself.

Love, Syster Vistaunet!

Happy Birthday to Jason Bahr, Uncle Todd, Grandpa Doug, Danny, Amy Arnold, David Ridge, Rob Magebly, Chloe, and Josh Lohner!

And Happy late Birthday to Britta, Finn, Tyler, Brooke, Emily, Manders, Kamalei, and Sarah!

1 comment:

  1. This post just made my day. Best Valentine's story about love I've heard today. God really knows his children.

    ReplyDelete