Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tree of Life

I am having so many great experiences...and I am loving them all!





Hello again!
So, this has been another wonderful week here in Norrköping! I am attaching some pictures that we took last week on p-day at the dinosaur museum. Yeah, I saw European Dinosaurs. Haha. I feel very blessed to have such wonderful companions. I mean really blessed. The longer we are together the more we find out about each other and how much we are alike. The other day a less active that we visited said "Wow, three! That must mean that there is a lot of work to do here in Norrköping and that we are blessed to have three missionaries". That's right. The longer I am here the more I am learning. Every day is a brand new adventure and I am loving it! We are all understanding one another more and becoming more effective missionaries.

Missionary moment: We taught our investigator who just got baptized, about the tree of life and then gave him a set of scriptures. He was very happy. It was an amazing moment and then we read from the Book Of Mormon about the tree of life in 1 Nephi chapters 8 and 11. Then we watched a conference talk from President Monson and he was very excited to see the Prophet. He is an amazing guy and he is now a Mormon!

I also received a very happy surprise in the mail from one of my investigators in Örebro! She really is a friend for life. She sent me a little package full of recipes and herb mixes and cute napkins. Haha. I am so glad that people are remembering me and Syster Gotberg. I am sending her a letter this week. I think I found a fun pen-pal for the rest of my mission.

Sweden is full of amazing lakes! I am loving it. I have also decided that I really want to live by a lake when I grow up. Haha. When I grow up. I dont think that ever happens... especially for my dad. Thanks for the cds this week! I got the package and I am enjoying them.

I am going to tell you one thing and that is that SYL works. That stands for Speak Your Language. Our goal as a companionship is to speak Swedish as much as we can and it is making a HUGE difference. We had a bunch of middags (dinners) this past week and I could understand almost everything that was said! Well, at least the context. The mind is an amazing thing. I actually miss school. Thats a crazy thought.

Well, I LOVE you all! Enjoy the rest of summer.

Love,Talisa!
Aka : Syster Vistaunet

Happy Birthday to Eden tomorrow! And Trent, Rob (Yoohoo Brother in law!), Juile, Jerica, Katie Alger, and Caitlin!

No comments:

Post a Comment