Thursday, August 18, 2011

Surprise! Göteborg here I come!

I actually ate this!

Kraftfest!

I am MOVING! Saturday night I got a call from the Mission President telling me that I would be moving to Göteborg on monday!! Crazy. That means today! I leave in 3 hrs to be companions with Syster Brown and Syster Juker. Syster Juker hurt her foot so I am going there to work with Syster Brown. Going to Göteborg has been my dream and now I get to go there! It was very strange saying goodbye to the people of Norrköping. The transfer ends in 2 weeks and I am hoping that this means that I will be staying in Göteborg! Life as a missionary is very crazy and unexpected all the time.

Last Saturday afternoon the ward had a party called "Kraftfest" which means you eat fish.. shrimp type things. It was very fun and I loved every second of it! Well, touching the fish thing was gross. But, I can proudly say that I ate two of them. Grandma and Grandpa Powelson would be proud of me.. eating seafood finally. Haha. Here are some pictures from the event. After the party was when I got the call that I would be moving. Crazy. But, I am really excited!

I have LOVED my time in Norrköping! But I can't even explain how excited I am to go to Göteborg. I have now been in the three cities that Syster Gotberg was in! I guess I was meant to follow in her footsteps. I am sad that the epic threesome is dying. VDR. Which means CTR in swedish!

Yesterday was my last Sunday here in Norrköping and I said all of my goodbyes. It is so crazy to me that I am leaving.. it still seems so unreal. George was sad to hear that I was leaving. He is an amazing member now! That was a miracle. We had a cute investigator come to church for the first time and she really liked it and would not leave my side. She kept hugging me. It was cute... I felt very loved. I think she will accept the gospel, she just needs some more time. Like I keep saying. Some people are more prepared then others.


Well, life is wonderful and I am looking forward to serving in Göteborg! It is the 2nd largest city in Sweden. Stockholm is the largest city in Sweden. I am hoping that I will get to be there for a while. They have a youth center!! Which means I will be working at the Institute center and very invovled with the YSA's! My dream. And I will be working with the Andersons. That will be fun! I am excited to get to know them. And I will be with Syster Juker again! Crazy. It will be cool to see how we have progessed since the MTC.


I LOVE you all! And just know that I am having the time of my life! Every week seems to get better and better. I love Sweden.

Much Love, Talisa!

Corryn and Rob- Happy Anviversary!! And Happy Birthday! I will be sending a letter soon.
Serina- Enojy the last couple of days of summer. I will be sending you a picture of the cute boy you would love. Haha.

I am so grateful for all the fun I have had here. Good memories. The Lord is really teaching me to live in the moment. I will also be traveling all by myself to Göteborg.. a 2 hr train ride by myself! What. the. Crazy. Probably the only alone time I will have for at least another year. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment