Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Biking through the woods on a Beach Crusier + Transfers!

A wonderful family in our ward in Orebro!
Pretty lake in Nora. We go there every weekto teach. Very pretty place.
Awesome museum in Stockholm. It's a boat that sunk and was preserved. Very cool.


Hello again!

Welp, this has been a CRAZY day. Oh, man. My companion is going home this week and I am leaving Örebro tomorrow!!! I really didn´t think I would be leaving this city... so I didn´t really say goodbye to anyone. Which made me sad. So, today we went around to our investigators and members to say goodbye. And tonight we are playing american football with the YSA´s to say goodbye after one last member dinner at 6pm.

I found out today that mission transfers are a very exciting time. At 7am this morning we got the call from the new Mission President and he said that I would be going to Halmsted with Sister Kaiser. Crazy! That was my first thought.. then I found out I would be in a threesome with her and a brand new missionary! Then, 5 hours later I get another call telling me that I am now going to Norrköping with Sister Dabb and still a brand new missionary. I am WAY excited. I really like having two companions!! Plus, everyone here has told me that my Swedish is getting alot better. I have even had conversations with people in the ward without Syster Gotberg. Crazy how you just need time with a language. I am feeling really good after all the crazy changes.

Last week was really very lovely. Friday we traveled to Stockholm to meet the new Mission President! It was super rad. Three zones got together and met him and his wife. They both told me hello from my parents and how cool it was to meet them. They are amazing and I am really excited to have them here. After hearing them both talk and telling their life story, I became very grateful for the sacrifices they are giving up to be here. The Lord really does love us and he will ask a lot of those who are willing to act upon His calling. Since we had the meeting with the Mission President so late we got to have a SLEEP OVER with six other sisters in Uppsala! It was very fun and we got to their apartment at 11:30pm. We hardly got any sleep. We all woke up in the morning and made swedish pancakes and bacon. Yum. Then we headed back to our areas. It all happened so fast. I still feel like I hardly know anyone. But, I am not the new missionary anymore! Cool.

Then on Sunday the Bishop gave a lesson in church on being active and doing things. Do it. Do it right. Do it right NOW. That was his main message. The longer I am here serving the Lord the more apparent His love is for me and every one of His children. I am so grateful for the amazing experience I have right now to be in Sweden. By the next transfer I will be speaking a lot more swedish! Which makes me excited. Ya, I am excited. No more english! Haha. We also gave the sunday school lesson... in english. Haha.

I LOVE you all!!!! Be good and enjoy yourself. It´s later than you think.

Love, Talisa!

Aka: Syster Vistaunet

No comments:

Post a Comment