Thursday, June 30, 2011

Midsommer.






Hello!

So, this past week was Midsommer, which is Sweden´s big summer holiday. It was so much fun. We are not allowed to do missionary work so we got to go to the country side with our ward and enjoy the party! We got a ride with the Bishop and his wife. The woman wearing the traditional clothing in the picture is the Bishop's wife. She is super nice.

My companion will be going home soon. The ward is very sad to be losing her and so am I. Because of that we are getting a lot of dinner appointments, which we LOVE. Haha. It is so strange being with a companion who is going home so soon. Sometimes it makes me feel like I am going home soon too. But, then I remember... wait, I have my whole mission still! Kind of exciting.

Anyway.. back to Midsommer. We got to the members house out in the country side around 2ish and the festivities began! We played fotboll which, surprisingly, I am starting to like. Soccer.. wow. Then we grilled some food and everyone ate. Then we played a really cool game from Finland, because two boys from Finland came with their friend from Sweden. The game was kind of like bowling and I WON! It was a good game and they kept saying "you are finnish"! Haha. Oh yeah, the may pole. I helped to build it. It is the pole grassy thing I am standing by. We picked all the flowers and such and decorated it. Then everyone danced around it and sang. It was so much fun! I love the swedish traditions! Then we played a bunch of games.. like a big competition. Sweden is super pretty and I am loving it here. Now I just need to speak the language. Haha. We got back home around 8:30pm. It was a grand day, we even had one of our investigators there.

We got three new investigators this past week! Yipee! All Africans- one girl and two boys. They all live about 40 mins away.. which is a bummer. They are all really positive and are totally open to talking about religion. Then one of our amazing investigators came to church again yesterday! She loves it and learns so much when she comes. She said she probably could only stay for an hour, but she ended up staying all 3 hours and then came to a members house afterwards for dinner!! Awesome. The Spirit was so strong and I am so grateful for her. We are planning on dinner tomorrow night. I love sharing the gospel. We even asked her for referrals and she said she would talk with her friends about us. And when she says she will do something she does it. She is totally reading the Book of Mormon too!

Life is good here and we are heading to Stockholm again today for P-day! It is one of Syster Gotberg´s last p-days and so it will be good. I guess there is a cool viking ship museum there. I love life! Remember to read your scriptures, pray, and smile everyday! And then the Spirit will be your companion! I LOVE and miss you all!

Love, Talisa!
Aka: Syster Vistaunet

No comments:

Post a Comment