Thursday, June 23, 2011

Kommer du ihåg mig?






Hello once again!

Well, today was a lovely p-day, we went into town and did some walking and looking at the cool city art exhibit. The whole city has art all over! 67 pieces in total.. I love it! The elders from our district came with us. It was a good day and we ate lunch at a yummy Thai buffet. And now we are emailing and later we will have FHE. I love mondays!

Syster Gotberg, my trainer, now has only 2 1/2 weeks left! She leaves Sweden on July 8th. I will be getting a new companion on July 7th. Crazy. The time has gone by so fast! This past week she bought a little kids swedish music cd.. haha which is awesome. And one of the songs is Kommer du ihåg mig? which means..Do you remember me?
I am super excited to meet the new Mission Pres. and his wife, they both sound really great. I am glad you guys went to their farewell and that you got to meet them. That makes it more real.
This past week was a good one! The pictures this time are from the Svampen which is a cool water tower in Örebro, we had district meeting up there this past week. I have the coolest district! We all get along so well. I am going to miss Syster Gotberg.
We also got to go a wedding! It was of two YSA´s here in our ward. They got married in the Stockholm temple and then we got to go to the ring ceremony with the rest of the ward here on Saturday. It was really fun and we met tons of new people who are not members. We also helped set up and clean up. Missionary work is always available, we just have to open our eyes and ask the Lord for more opportunities.

We had Stake Conference last Sunday and it was broadcast from SLC. Elder Malm, Sister Beck, Elder Bednar, and Elder Eyring spoke. I listened to the first two speakers in Swedish and then realized that I couldn´t understand anything, so I left and went to the english room. We also had a really cool investigator come to church and she loved all the talks! She is the really nice school teacher and we taught her classes the plan of salvation. The ward was very welcoming and everyone liked her. She is leaving on vacation which is called semester here this week so we will see her next week. Anyway, the talks at the conference were AMAZING! They were special for the Scandinavian countries. Elder Erying was my favorite speaker, he talked about the Prophet and how special it is to have a Prophet on the earth today. The more I teach people, the more I realize how different our message really is. Elder Bednar talked about how hard Satan is working to destroy us. The whole theme of the conference was that the days ahead are just going to get worse and Satan will never stop. We must figure out NOW what we believe and stand up for it when we can. I can say now more than ever before that I know this is the true church. I have seen the difference it can make in a person's life and the difference it has made in mine. I am so grateful for the chance that I had to come on a mission.. I am learning so much.

This week is Midsommer!! It is a big holiday here. I am very excited. It is treated like Christmas and so the whole day we get to wear p-day clothes. Our ward is having a big party out in the country, so we are getting a ride with the Bishop and his family and one of our investigators. The work is moving forward and this week we are really busy. I am starting to really feel more comfortable and because of that I can feel the Swedish language coming easier.

Well, I LOVE you all!

Love, Talisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment