Monday, May 23, 2011

Tracting and good food.






Hej!

These pictures are from my Stockholm shopping adventure last week with Sister Detinne-Cassel! It was so much fun! Our companions went and played american football with all the Elders and we went out on the town! Stockholm is so cool. H & M is on almost every block and we went into many of them. Haha. We got yummy food and just walked around and enjoyed being there. On our way back to the train station we came across a stage and a band was playing-they looked rockabilly. I was sad that we could not stop and listen because we were running late. But, it sounds like we may travel into Stockholm every other p-day!! So, next time I will go into some museums and find that music. Haha. Stockholm is so pretty.

Missionary Story:
So, last Tuesday we decided to go tracting in an area that looks like it has never been tracted. My companion was preparing me for the rejection. T
hen by some miracle the second door we knocked on opened up and we talked for a while at the door. We talked about The Book of Mormon and Jesus Christ and God. It was amazing!! We were there for about 30 mins. Then we left, and I am a firm believer in tracting now! "Greenie Magic" is what I am told.

A lady we met came to the Bishop's for dinner. We talked more with her and met with her throughout the week. She is so nice and I love her! She reminds me a lot of my Aunt Tamra. She is way into herbs and makes a lot of natural food. She made us dinner twice last week!! One of the times she made us swedish pancakes and they are yummy. On Saturday night we watched the long Joseph Smith movie and had treats throughout the night. She has such a sweet heart and she is always looking for ways to serve others. I LOVE missionary work! I feel like a real missionary now.

This week we also went to a local High School and taught The Plan of Salvation. That was the coolest experience I have ever had! The teacher was a super nice lady and teaches a religion class. And we came and spoke to her class and then this week we will go again to another one of her classes and teach. Syster Gotberg (the english spelling) talked most of the time and I drew what she was talking about. Mostly because this was all in Swedish! But, I did start talking a little and then bore my testimony. Bam! After we were done teaching we sat down with five teenage girls and we had a question and answer session. They let me speak in english. They had watched a 60 mins interview thing with President Hinckley before we got there. I LOVED talking with them. It made me want to teach high school even more.

Yesterday for dinner we went out to the country-side of Sweden. Oh, man it was such a beautiful place. We went with some members- The Lohmans. We do a lot with them, they have 4 kids and the mom is super nice. It was a hour drive and I loved every minute of it. Once we got there we ate and played outside. We also had a new convert come with us. It was a grand night. It made me feel at home... like when we have dinners with the Perkins or Kershisniks. I miss you all so much!

Last thing- This Sunday I am speaking in church!! IN SWEDISH! Oh my goodness... I am really nervous. Luckily it's only 5 mins and it will be my 4th sunday here. I LOVE this ward. I am finally feeling more like myself. Since I can't speak swedish very much I was very quiet the first couple of weeks... but now I am getting better and talking more. Pray for me and I will be praying for you all!

Love, Love, Love, Talisa!
Aka: Syster Vistaunet

Parents: Thanks for the raincoat I got it! Have fun in California!! I think of you all every day and love you so much! I love mondays so much because that is when I get to hear from you. Be good and love Amboea for me. Haha. And I will love Sweden for you! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment