Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My area in our room.
Sister Juker, Sister Detinne-cassel and Sister Vistaunet.
Hello one and all!

Sister Talisa Vistaunet here, reporting from the Provo MTC. I have been here 2 weeks!! It is amazing to me how quickly time is going by. Time in the MTC is strange...it all feels like one really long day. The fact that I will actually be in Sweden soon, for the next year and a half, is so unreal. I am getting more and more stoked about that fact. My Swedish is coming along! My great companions are really helping me to feel confident about talking in Swedish. The more I get to know my companions, the more I love them. I am learning a lot from them.

Guess what!? Sister missionaries can wear basically anything. I shouldn't have stressed as much as I did about that. I am wearing my cute black and white mod shoes all the time and wearing LOTS of bright clothes and lipstick. I am SO grateful that I can be myself and wear the clothing I want. I really miss all of my clothes. But I guess that is one sacrifice that I can deal with. I'm excited for P-days in Sweden when I can purchase some amazing clothing there.

I am LOVING it here! Our P-days are on Wednesdays and I love it because it breaks up the week nicely. I get to see all of the new missionaries coming in that day. Since being here I have realized the importance of having a good family. I feel so loved. Thank you all for your great examples to me. I really look up to you! The scriptures are amazing and I am learning so much. The church is TRUE!! I love having personal, companionship, and language study every day.

So, we have gym every day and sometimes I just don't feel like doing much. So I shoot some hoops or stretch. A couple of days ago, as gym was ending, I was waiting at the door for my companions and the bell rang telling us that gym time was over. Within minutes about 40 Elders ran towards me to get their name tags and leave. I have never smelled something so strong. I thought I was going to pass out. I have learned my lesson and now I stay far away from the Elders during gym time. Haha. They may be serving the Lord, but they sure don't smell good during gym!

I have so many things that I want to write about and tell you...but the fact is that when I am sitting here, in front of a ticking timer, I just can't focus.

I have been studying the Atonement every day and I am so grateful for my knowledge of the Atonement. I know my Savior loves me, and each one of you. Someone told me that every time we pray we are praying to and using the Godhead. We say Dear Heavenly Father, we receive answers to our prayers through the Holy Ghost, and we end in the name of Jesus Christ. I thought that was a good point. So now, when I pray, I think of that every time, and it has made prayer that much more important to me.

Tell everyone to write me, they can use Dearelder.com while I'm in the MTC. It's free and super cool. I have received a lot of letters. Thanks to everyone! I am pretty sure people can email me - I just can't email back. I really miss my friends!

Well, I LOVE you!!
Love, Talisa!
AKA Sister Vistaunet

1 comment: