Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Eagle District



Well howdy everyone!


This past week Syster Jacobs and I decided to have finding week. We
started the week off with fasting on Sunday to help us open our mouths
and find those people who are ready to hear about the gospel. Because
of that we had an amazing week! We ended the week with a total of 26
teaches, 4 baptismal dates, and 5 new investigators. Wow. I have a
strong testimony of fasting and praying for help. Syster Jacobs and I
have been witnessing first hand the miracles that can happen when we
ask and show our faith by acting upon the answers that we recieve.


Last Monday for pday we spent most of it with Bonnie and Bella picking
blueberries. And then we had blueberry pancakes-YUM. Today we have had
a relaxed pday and we did a lot of grocery shopping, which was very
needed. 


I think that the best news of the week is that we have no more
bed bugs! Haha. I just realized today that I haven't even told you
about our adventures with bed bugs. We had them for about 2 months
here in Kristianstad.. but after a lot of work, we finally got rid of
our beds and the bug lady came one last time and sprayed! 3rd time is
a charm I have heard. But, because of the bed bugs, Syster Jacobs and I
have been sleeping on air mattress´ for the past couple of weeks and
every night it feels like a sleep over! It´s been fun.


On Thursday we had district meeting here in Kristianstad and it was
focused on asking inspired questions. Most of our district has been
together for 2 1/2 months and because of that we have become really
good friends! Our district is leading our zone and because of that we
call ourselves the Eagle district. It´s amazing to me that it has
taken me almost my entire mission to really understand and see how
missionary work works and how a district is put together to help each
other. When the Elders came up here on Thursday, after our meeting we
all went out and split off to contact some people. I can´t explain the
support and strength that I personally recieve when I see other
missionaries spreading the gospel.. it really makes me want to work
harder. We have been really working with each other and giving each
other referrals. The work is going really well here in the south of
Sweden.


Yesterday, in church Syster Jacobs and I taught the branch
missionaries before church, taught a part of the combined relief
society and priesthood meeting, taught sunday school to our
investigators, and both gave talks in sacrament meeting. It was quite
an exhausting day. In sacrament meeting we had a young man speak who is
preparing for his mission, us two full time missionaries, and then our
branch mission leader who has been home from his mission for about 2
years. There was a really neat missionary spirit there. While we all
sang "I believe in Christ" I got chills up and down my arms. One of my
favorite things in the whole world is singing in Swedish! I am really
going to miss singing hymns in Swedish when I come home.


Right now we are working with two different couples who are living
with each other but love the church and they have both decided to get
married and then be baptized afterwards. We are so excited! We are
hoping to have two weddings before I go home and then have 3 baptisms
follow. One of the people getting married is marrying a member


We have also been working alot with less-actives. After
working with so many less-actives through out my mission I have come
to realize that many people just plain don´t know how to come back to
church or they are scared out of their minds to come back. When
working with our brothers and sisters who have been lost we must always
remember just to love them. LOVE.


Life is grand and it´s fun each week to see the newest pictures of
little Henry. Syster Jacobs and I both laugh at all the action figure
baby shots you send. Haha. Enjoy that summer sun and eat ice cream
too! I LOVE you all!


Love, Talisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment