Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Red, White, and Blue forever!



                                         P-day in Sweden.




                                         Dressed patriotically for the Fourth of July in Sweden.



                                         Zone Conference.





This has been another wonderful week. The highlight of the week was
zone conference in Göteborg. The theme was The gospel of Christ. Which
means faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy
Ghost, and enduring to the end. I am so grateful for President and
Syster Newell, they are truly inspired people. Syster Newell always
gives the most wonderful presentations that inculde many clips from
youtube. This time my favorite was a music video about living
the good life. I loved it and was so grateful for my knowledge about
how I can live the good life and how I can help others learn how to
live the good life.


Syster Jacobs and I actually are working with four people right now
towards baptism. We are hoping and praying that we will get to
stay together until I go home so we will be able to accomplish our
goal of having seven baptisms together. On Saturday night we took
a member with us to teach a less active man and his sambo, which
means girlfriend.  We had an amazing experience teaching and
by the end of the plan of salvation lesson we challenged the girlfriend
to be baptized and she accepted! Syster Jacobs and I looked at each
other and were very happy and were trying to decide how to tell them that they
needed to be married before she could get baptized, since they live together,
and before we knew it the member that was with us was telling them and by the end
of the night we had a wedding and a baptism to plan! Haha. We are planning
both of them for the end of August. Yippee! The gospel is true.


On the 4th of July we were invited to go to Bonnie´s- the cute
American woman´s house for a BBQ with the branch. We went early to
help set up and bake chocolate chip cookies. They are a really big hit
here in Sweden. We had a really great time grilling and singing good
old American songs. We had only three true Americans there and lots of
Swedes who love America. I am very grateful for America and for the
freedom that we have. After living in another country I can see how
much freedom we really enjoy and for that I am really grateful.


I am trying to end my mission on a high note.
Syster Jacobs and I are teaching more and more in unity and
because of our love for each other and dedication, the work is really
taking off. I once again feel very blessed to be here. Kristianstad
has my heart. Wait, Sweden does. Summer time here is beautiful! It has
just started to get really hot. The weird thing about Sweden is that
for the month of July the whole country seems to take off work and go
on vacation which makes things a little bit harder for missionary
work. But, we have four baptismal dates that we are working towards
and things are going really well. I love being a missionary!


If you haven´t read Elder Uchdorfs message in the Ensign for the month
of July, read it! It is entitled "Always in the middle". I love it and it
has helped me to re-focus on always living in the moment and enjoying
life by sticking to the middle.


Happy Birthday Brian! It looks like you all had a great birthday
celebration. Little Henry seems to be getting longer and longer. I am
really looking forward to meeting him. I love you all so much.
Enjoy your hot summer! And Serina, enjoy the last 2 months of your big
room. Cause soon sister is coming back! Haha. But, really.


Love, Talisa!
Syster V.

No comments:

Post a Comment