Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Kristianstad!



Hello everyone!

Well, the Mother's Day skype session was wonderful and I am very happy here in my new area. 


Kristianstad is a wonderful town way down South. Syster Jacobs and I were bouncing off the walls when we heard that we
would be going down South. We found out Wednesday morning that we would be leaving that day! It was quite the surprise. We spent the entire morning packing like crazy and cleaning. We left that day around 3pm. 


We were on the phone all morning saying goodbye to our wonderful friends that we have made there in Gävle. I was really sad that I didn´t  get the chance to have a proper goodbye. But, that is missionary life and by now I am used to that. I am really hoping and praying that this will be my last area. I think that there is a good chance of that. But, with my track record one never knows.

We spent Wednesday night in Vasterhängie with the sisters there and went on spilts  with them. I went with Syster Talbot. We really have some amazing sisters in our mission and I am so grateful for all of them. The next morning we left and had a 3 1/2 hour train ride down South. I love Sweden!  I feel very lucky that I have been able to see so much of this beautiful country. 


Once we arrived in Kristianstad a member picked us up at the station and by chance he mentioned that
his wife would be going to a Relief Society activity that night and I jumped on that and said "hey, could we come?" So, we had about 1 1/2 hours to unpack and then his wife came and picked us up. It was such a great way to meet the women of the branch here.  Everyone was so nice and this branch really feels like a big family. The branch has people from all over the world in it, which makes it fun. Chille, Iceland, Sweden, Mexico, America, and Denmark. We feel very blessed to be here together. 


The neat thing about Syster Jacobs and I is that we are so similar that we have a lot of the same strengths. Which really makes our companionship super. It is also funny because we tend to have some of the same weaknesses. Haha. We feel like we have been called here to Kristianstad together for a reason. We know that nothing happens by chance. So, we are ready to find those people who are ready to hear and accept this wonderful gospel.

Our first weekend here has been great. We actually already have a baptismal date planned. We went out to Hässleholm, which is about 20 minutes away by train, still in our area,  to have our first teach with an investigator and that went great. 


We also taught a sweet Chinese lady with a new convert who is Chinese as well. When we were walking back I felt a prompting to ask him if he had time that we could teach him right then in his school and he said sure. So, in we went to teach him. We talked about why church is important and why we go to church. While we were talking we noticed
another man in the room and we could tell that he was listening to us. When we got up to leave he came over and said "hey I heard you talking about the bible and I would love to learn more"! This never happens. So, we talked with him for about 20 minutes and then invited him to church the next day and he came!! He stayed for all three hours and really enjoyed it. I think we really impressed the branch with bringing an investigator our first Sunday there. Booya! Haha. 


This branch is amazing and is so welcoming to everyone. He felt very loved and we challenged him to be baptized on June 8th and he said yes he would love to work towards that goal. WOW. The next day he went with us to FHE at a members house!


People are being prepared all over the world. All we have to do is open our´mouths and talk about the gospel. Bearing testimony does wonders. We can already tell that this is going to be a great place to serve.  The Spirit was strong and he could feel it. Life is good and the church is TRUE.



I love you all! It was the best day ever last Sunday when I got to see my family and meet my new little nephew. Thanks for everything and i love you all so much!!!

Love, Talisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment