Monday, February 6, 2012

Systers Conference

Sister's Conference held in Stockholm, Sweden.





Hello one and all!


Well, another week has passed us by. I will start off by thanking everyone for your prayers. I know that I would not be able to do this work without them and your support.

My companion and I have witnessed many miracles this past week. Last Tuesday we had a kind of bummer day- everyone kept canceling on us but we kept going and then a miracle happened. We had planned to go to a members house for dinner and to bring her milk and bread. Every p-day missionaries bring her milk and bread and then she usually feeds them. Such a sweetheart. Anyway, we felt prompted to bring one of our investigators with us because of the warm environment. I was a little nervous to ask our investigators mom if she could come with us but then we did and her mom said "yeah, no problem"! So we ended up taking them to dinner. Our investigator just turned 12 and she loves the church and actually wants to go on a mission when she is older because of us. Cute. But, her family life is not so great- her mom is drunk a lot and that makes it hard on her. We brought the two little African girls with us to dinner and had a fun evening together. We ate and had fun together and then we gave a lesson on being thankful and we shared Alma 34:38. The Spirit was present and we all left being spiritually uplifted. And we are actually going to do the same thing tonight!

I have a firm testimony of working with members. Once missionaries and members work together the success of the area overflows! Karlskrona better be ready.


We had another amazing experience on Thursday. We had district meeting in Växjö, which is about 1 1/2 hours away and the zone leaders came and we talked about how to be a bold missionary. I had told my district leader last week that that is what I struggle most with. So we practiced and shared ideas. Then I had the chance to put it into effect that very night! We had three teaches planned for when we got back and they all happened! We first went straight to a members to teach her friends. Some cute older Swedish ladies. Sometimes it is hard to understand them but, the Spirit is always present when we teach them. And we can always see the gift of tongues blessing us after we leave. Then we headed to the church to teach an investigator who cannot be baptized but has a solid testimony and comes every Sunday! The teach went well, we talked about the priesthood. After that we had a less active member come and we had one of the best teaches I have ever had! You would be so proud of how bold I was! Haha. We talked for a while and got to know each other and then I asked "when was the last time that you came to church?" He had to think for a while and then said about a year ago. We had a really good discussion about Joseph Smith and living Prophets and then that moved onto the atonement. We found out that he is just scared to come back. He wants to be worthy to take the sacrament when he comes back and he has a lot to change in order to feel better. We talked about having more faith. And that led perfectly into fasting with us this Sunday to have more faith. He said he would! Wow.


Then Systers conference was on Saturday and it was really uplifting and inspiring. There is just a different spirit that exists when you are around all systers. We have some amazing systers in the Sweden Stockholm mission! A bunch of firecrackers.
President and Syster Newell held a wonderful conference and I felt inspired. Syster Newell talked about what happens when we fall down? Do we push ourselves and get right back up or do we sit there and cry? She went onto talk about putting more faith in Jesus Christ and pushing ourselves to be better. Pretty soon the systers in the mission will get the chance to go on splits with other systers every 6-8 weeks! Our first one will be on April 5. And we are signed up to do it with Syster Juker and Schebier in Jonköping. I am excited!

I have never been so happy to see my old companions. I miss Syster Juker and Detinne-Cassel! I was really blessed with some amazing MTC companions. The Elders in the mission love us and say that we are the most down to earth systers and they are very grateful for us. Haha. So, here are a couple of pictures from our weekend in Stockholm.


Well, we finally have a lot of snow! It really feels like winter now and I am not sure how much I like it. Haha. Being out in the cold all day is exhausting. I guess not all day. We are teaching inside for most of the days.

Today we went to H&M and we got some new scarves and skirts! We both bought the same skirt. Cute. Yay for new clothes!


I love you all! Love, Talisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment