Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Beautiful Sweden.


Gavle is a beautiful, very Swedish town and I love it!



This is our chapel here. Cute and pretty big.



This statue that I am standing next to is of the first missionary in Sweden! I guess he was from Gävle. Very neat. Gävle is the city where the church was started here a long time ago. Rich history. Whenever I am feeling down I think of the missionaries who came before me and what I am doing to help with the work.

(I found more information on the "first missionary" monument. It is of John Erick Forsgren. He was a sailor stationed in Boston in 1843 when he joined the church. He later returned to his home town of Gavle as a missionary and baptised his brother, Peter, in 1850. Peter was the first convert in all of Scandinavia. The commemoration was just a year ago. It is in a city park right next door to the family estate! There is a somewhat sad ending to that first missionary story. He baptized others, but was eventually kicked out of Sweden by authorities who did not approve of a new religion being introduced in their country! The statue was dedicated in July of 2001.)


Listen to some Futureheads for me. And Tom´s new band. Caitlin told me that they are getting well known there. And that they are a 50-60 rock n roll type band. Tell Tom to write me and tell me about his new band. Thanks. Oh and tell Caitiln and Kamalei thanks for their letters! I really am blessed with the best friends ever. I am working on writing them back. But, as a missionary we really don't have much time to write.

Oh yeah, this weekend we are going on spilts! Syster Hill is coming up here and will be spending a couple of days with me. Then we will switch back on Sunday after church. Should be fun.


love love love you all!

Love, Talisa igen!

No comments:

Post a Comment