Wednesday, January 25, 2012

More photos...

Snow....finally!!!

Delicious!


Syster Vistaunet and Syster Francis.

Just moving in to our new place!!


So, I guess we can only book the computers for an hour and then if we need more time another hour. But we have to re-sign in. So, now I am back.

Anyway, I was writing about our investigator from Iran. He comes every week to church and wants to be baptized but can´t because it is not safe for him to do so. Well, on Sunday I got the privilege to translate for him. I was very nervous because I am not good at translating. All I can get is the main idea. Sunday school was really hard to translate because the lesson was on Lehi´s dream (The tree of Life) and translating and explaining at the same time was tricky. We finally got up and left so we could just teach him in English. That was much better. We are now planning on using that Sunday school time to teach him. Next week we will be teaching the YW! I love my life.

While we were at church people kept coming up to us and inviting us over and giving us things to do. We are working really hard so we can earn the trust of the members and, by doing that, we can then strengthen them.

Yesterday after church we were invited over to a members house for dinner- The Bloombergs. I love them! We had a great time getting to know them. Sister Bloomberg kept telling us to relax and she would do all the cooking. It was funny because I could not just sit there. I had to be doing something to help. So, I got up and just started helping her.

We have something set up and planned for every night this week. We are busy missionaries here.

Anyway, back to translating, I experienced the gift of tongues yesterday and I can testfiy that it is real! I amazed myself at how much I could actually understand. And I believe that I was able to translate just what our invesitgator needed. We are speaking Swedish all the time and it is really helping me become more and more comfortable with speaking it.

Thank you for all of your prayers. I can feel the power of prayer working in my life. Thank you.

Love, Talisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment