Monday, December 5, 2011

Spilts with Syster Newell



With President and Sister Newell.



Hello everyone!

This past week was wonderful and I grew to love my Mission President and his wife so much more. They are such amazing people who are serving with their whole hearts. They love the Lord so much and every single missionary in the Stockholm, Sweden mission. I really feel blessed to have them here.

On Friday Syster Juker and Syster Newell came in on the train and we went and got them and then discussed our plans for the next couple of days. The three of us younger sisters went out on Friday and taught an investigator who Syster Juker actually found when she was in this area before. She was very happy to be able to teach him again.

Having Syster Juker with me again reminded me that you can have fun when doing missionary work. I really miss her. She has no idea how much she uplifted my spirit this past weekend. She and I went through the Halmstad map and she pointed out some good places to go tracting and she went through the phone and told me some people to call. I am excited. I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason and once January comes the finding work will explode!

Anyway.. Saturday was such an amazing day! We started out the day by doing some service for some members with Syster Newell and Syster Juker. We helped clean a preschool. Then after that we went out to the Bishop and Senja´s for lunch. Senja made us the most amazing meal ever, I LOVE her. Then we shared a spiritual message on gratitude. I gave most of it and referred to Alma 34:38, which is one of my favorite scriptures. We must remember to live in the spirit of thanksgiving daily.

After a wonderful meal, we headed back into town. Syster Juker and I went and taught a lesson to a member. We helped her put up her Christmas tree- see picture. It was so much fun teaching with just Syster Juker and I. And we taught all in Swedish! We sang jul songs and decorated. Fun. We also committed this member to make a goal to go to the temple.

After that I met up with Syster Newell and she and I went to visit a girl who came home from her mission early because of health reasons. She was serving on temple square. Then the miracle of the evening happened. The library was closed and we were supposed to meet her there and since it was closed we were invited to go to her home. Syster Newell got to meet her and her mom. We were meant to go there. Syster Newell hit it off with both of them and told them how much the ward misses them and needs them. Syster Newell brought such a strong powerful spirit. All four of us women started crying at some point or another throughout our 40 minute visit. By the end of the visit we left a temple magazine with them and challenged them to read a certain article out of it for their next FHE. They have a family goal of going to the temple next summer. I really learned alot from Syster Newell. I love being around her.

Later we had dinner with President and Syster Newell before the fireside. Yum. The fireside was great and we had about ten people come. Awesome. Everyone loved the movie and so did I. It did a great job of showing how prayer works. It was called "17 Miracles". Watch it.

The next morning we had church where President and Syster Newell and we missionaries gave a missionary presentation in Relief Society and Primary. Syster Newell had me talk on why being happy is so important. Then we handed out tags for the girls to wear-see picture. Sacrament meeting was amazing. The spirit was felt very strongly. Many different people said that they were thankful for us missionaries and the support and help we are giving them. My prayers were answered.

I am doing good. Sometimes in life it´s hard to know if you are making a difference.
Wow. So much happens during the week, it´s hard to write about all of it. Thank you for the packages! I have been getting them. And I have been listening to those wonderful Christmas cds! Thanks. I love the Puppni sisters! Oh man.

Happy Birthday to December birthdays! Gretchen Palmer, Zoram, Nate, Troy, Brooklyn, Boo, Bret, and Tara!

Love, Syster Vistaunet.
Aka: Talisa!

Photos: My lovely district. And this week we are getting a new Elder as our district leader and I have been told that he is the guy version of me. Haha. This should be a rockin' district! Then Syster Detinne-Cassel, Juker, and I celebrated our half way mark together. At least we tried. Syster Juker came on spilts for the past weekend and so we burned some tights together while talking to Syster Detinne-Cassel on the phone. Good times. Then a member who we visit every week- this week we helped decorate the christmas tree. Then Sunday with some members and missionaries. And then me and my cute missionary primary class and Micah.

No comments:

Post a Comment