Monday, November 28, 2011

Count your many blessings - Nov. 21, 2011


Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Tomorrow we will be celebrating Thanksgiving with all the Elders in our zone in Lund. I am very excited! Then we will all travel up to Göteborg for zone conference... which means sleep over!! There will be a seven sisters sleep over in the Göteborg apartment, which is very small. I get to see Syster Juker, Jenson, and Dabb again! And two newer sisters that I don't really know.

Then zone conference will be on Wednesday and it will be with someone from the 70. Cool.

Only one picture from this past week. Because nothing too exciting happened. This is us with an amazing member who moved to Sweden from Brazil in June. She made us lunch and we stayed and helped her translate her church talk into Swedish. She gave an AMAZING talk in church on Sunday. We are working a lot with her and she is helping us so much with our work. Every Tuesday we go to the University campus here and eat lunch with her and then talk about the gospel with her friends.When the members get involved with missionary work it really starts to take off. I love her.

So, a couple of weeks ago we had district meeting in Helingsborg and we ate lunch at a little pizza shop. After we were done eating I thought I would talk with the pizza guy and say thank you and then give him a pass along card. So, I did just that and then he said that he had a Book of Mormon already and that he would love to meet some time and talk more about it, so I gave his information to the Helingsborg Elders. But, the Helingsborg Elders didn't have pass along cards on them so I gave him one of ours. I didn´t think much of it. A couple of weeks pass and then one night we get a call from someone who was interested in meeting with us. This kind of thing never happens so we were very excited. Then the phone call turned into a flirting phone call. All in Swedish might I add. Oh, boy. Even after I hung up and told him that we couldn´t meet, he sent a text that said "It was nice to hear your voice". Blah. Syster Kiser finally texted him back and said "look if you want to meet with missionaries there are some Elders in Helingsborg, we can't meet with you. Sorry." Then last week we got another text that said, "Hey sweet, I am in Halmstad." Oh, boy. We didn´t respond. I guess I need to be more careful when handing out pass along cards. Haha.

Yesterday in church we taught Relief Society and then I taught Primary. It went pretty well. We had six women in the meeting and we talked about the final judgement.

I am very thankful for the strong Relief Society members that we have here. Since we have a recent convert, everyone is very aware of that and we all cater to her. She has many questions and was baptized the week before I got here. She is a very busy women, so it´s hard to meet with her. But she does come to church every week!

I think that the ward is starting to come together a little more. The Bishop and Senja work so hard and you can tell that they give their all to this ward. I love them.

Senja told me yesterday that Zooey Deschanel has a new tv series out and that it is really good. Have you heard of it? I got really excited when she told me about it. And she also said that the Lower Lights came out with their second album this past week! Yippee.

I loved teaching Primary. Yesterday we had just one girl and because of that we became very good friends. I taught about Paul and his many missionary stories and how we can prepare to be missionaries and be good examples now. I love teaching because when you teach you learn so much for yourself. I am understanding more of the Bible and starting to really enjoy reading it. We are also going to start up a bible study group every Wednesday with some older ladies in the ward. That will be fun.

We have a total of four investigators right now. And this upcoming week we are actually going to meet with all of them! 2 guys around my age, a 18 year old girl, and an older women. The guys are the most postive.. but maybe it's because we are girls. I have found that Systers mostly teach men and Elders mostly teach women. Funny. But, I guess whatever works best.

Well, the work is hard, but worth it. We have some good plans this week to go tracting and find some new people to teach. I have also been calling many people from the ward list and from the phone seeing if they would be interested in meeting again. I have had some strange conversations. It is also very exciting, you never know which language you will be speaking and who will answer the phone.

Would someone please update me on what is going on with all my friends? I would really enjoy getting Nate´s wedding invite and Alex Morrises´. When is Alex getting married?

I hope everyone is doing well! I love you all and wish you all a very happy and joyful Thanksgiving holiday.

Happy Birthday to all the November birthdays. Happy Birthday to Seth, Tristan, Audrey, and Bruce!!

I send my love!

Love, Talisa!
Aka: Syster Vistaunet

No comments:

Post a Comment