Thursday, August 25, 2011

Contacting to Duffy and Johnny Cash.

Hello one and all!

I have arrived safely to Göteborg and I believe that this city will be my favorite city thus far! It is the 2nd biggest city in Sweden and contacting works really well. We ride the tram for about 20 minutes every day to the center and then do most of our work from there. It is such a fun town. I LOVE working with the YSA's!! I feel totally blessed to be here. The ward here is HUGE. I felt like I was home when I went to church yesterday. A nice big Utah type ward. I have met so many people the past couple of days and I feel like my brain is going a million miles a minute. Which is kinda fun.


Missionary Moment: It was my third day here and my companions and I were all sitting apart from each other in order to talk to different people and share the gospel. So, I was sitting there and in walks a man and he sits right next to me and says something... and then points to my tag. I still have no idea what he said. I hope and assume it was nice. Haha. But, anyway I spoke back in my broken Swedish saying that I am a missionary and telling him about the Book of Mormon. Then he said "will you pray for my son?" Okay I said and then he gave me his phone number and said please call me and we can talk more later!!! A miracle. Everything happened so perfectly that I thought it was a set up. Like Syster Brown had had a member sit by me and test me to see what I would do. But, nope he was real!! It was amazing and has really helped me to be more brave when talking to people on the tram, which we ride every day. Then I called him on Saturday.. all in Swedish! It went okay.. not really sure what he said to me.. so I think I will have Syster Brown call him back next time.


When I was in Norrkoping I had an older women investigator and when I told her I would be leaving and going to Göteborg she gave me three things. A candle that she had made, a kerchief she had made, and her daughter's phone number who lives in Göteborg! A referal! So, of course I took it upon myself to call her.. all in Swedish. I did it and it went really well and we are going to meet her this Wednesday!!! Ahh. So many miracles took place this past week.


So, like I said, we go contacting every day for the most part. This past week there has been a HUGE music culture festival here in Göteborg and because of that I was loving life. We were contacting right in the middle of it all and I truly heard "Mercy" starting up in a tent across the way and I am almost positive that it was Duffy herself! Ahh. I was so happy. And then the next day a total rockabilly band was playing Ring of Fire! I love my life. Then we got to go to a performance because a less active member was singing. She did a great job. It was really fun. The fashion here is amazing! I could totally live here.. good thing I have the chance!


Syster Brown is from California and St. George and Syster Juker is from California. It is really fun being with Syster Juker again. It is fun to speak Swedish with her because we were companions in the MTC. Oh, yeah we also have a baptism!! For Sept. 24th!! For a girl from Peru. Super cute.


Today we went to the unviersum, which is a sweet science museum, with the whole zone. It was a blast! I will be sending some pictures. But, because of that we dont have much time to email. So sorry this is very scattered. Enjoy. I love you all!!


Mom´- I have not received the packages yet.. but I am sure they are on there way. I think mail will take a little bit longer now that I am on the other side of Sweden.

Love, Talisa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment