Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rock N' Roll Sweden!




Hello one and all!

This has been a good week filled with ups and downs. Haha. Sounds like life. The most exciting news is that I finished reading the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price! Yeehaw! The church is true and Joseph Smith was a Prophet! Now I am reading the Bible like I have never before. Right now we are teaching many Africans and they all love their Bible, so they ask us questions all the time. Sometimes I don't know what they are talking about, so I realized that I needed to read the Bible again. Well, finish it for the first time. It is amazing and I love reading it with the JST´s too.

Last p-day we went to Karlslund, which is a big manor house. It is so pretty and the gardens were amazing with horses everywhere. The horses really loved Sister Gotberg. I forgot my camera this week.. but we might have time later today to upload some pictures so I will try. Today we are going to STOCKHOLM! This time we are meeting up with 6 Elders and we are going to tour Stockholm and see all the museums, cool streets, and people! I am very excited... it should be fun.

Sharpening, which is what Zone Conference is called here, was this past week. We traveled to Stockholm and went straight to the church building for meetings. It was the last time we will see President and Syster Anderson, because the new Mission President and his wife come on July 3rd! I am excited to meet them. It was a good, long day. We left at 9am and got home around 9:30pm. Crazy. President Anderson has really made a difference here in Sweden and everyone is excited to see the work increase.

Our investigators are doing well. But, we had none come to church this week, which was sad. We are trying so hard. Tonight we are having FHE with the ward and we are all going to play mini golf! I LOVE this ward. Last week in the mission was the week of invitations. So, we ínvited all of our investigators to be baptized. They all said they were not ready yet.. but when they know they would be baptized. I even asked one of them in Swedish! Cool.

We went to the neatest thing last week - Studenten! That is the High School graduations. They do a little ceremony at the high school and then they get on floats pulled by huge tractors and dance and party in them all around town. It was CRAZY! One of our investigators invited us to come and see her. The saddest part was how drunk all the students were... but not our investigator! You can drink here at age 18. The entire town was out and partying and I am told that at night the whole town has a huge dance party in the park. So cool. I took some pictures, I will try to send them later.

We have been reading Mosiah 18 a lot with our investigators to get them ready for baptism, so read it again and remember why you were baptized. It´s great. Also, we have been inviting our members to do more missionary work so we read Alma 37: 8-10 and 36-37 with them. The scriptures and the Spirit are the things that bring true conversion. And we must Pray for our answers. I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Love, Syster Vistaunet!

Thanks to everyone who emailed me this week! It was a grand week. I will try and write real letters on the train ride today! Much love to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment