Monday, May 9, 2011

I am in Sweden!!

This is my MTC district in Stockholm, Sweden with the Mission Pres. and his wife.


At the Stockholm airport!! We have arrived!
I am finally done with the MTC - we are on our way!

Hello one and all!

Syster Vistaunet here reporting live from Örebro, Sweden! Here are a couple of last MTC pictures and then some from Sweden! I feel very blessed to have been able to talk to you on Mothers Day. The Lord knew that I needed that to help calm me down. I will have to admit the language freaks me out. But, being able to talk to my family just a couple of days after being here really helped me. My Dad reminded me that every missionary who has gone to a foreign country has felt the same way I was and am feeling.

So, my companion is Syster Göteborg from West Jordan, Utah. She is super rad and way down to earth. She can speak swedish like nobody's business! And after this transfer she will be going home. I am "killing" her in missionary language. Strange. We are also in a BIKE area! I have heard that it is one of the only bike areas for sisters, which made me very happy. Another way the Lord has blessed me. I have come to realize how well the Lord really does know me. I can feel his love.

Today is my first P-day in Sweden and I can tell I am going to LOVE them. P-days in the MTC weren't that fun. But today we are going downtown and going shopping, sight seeing, and eating yummy food. There is a castle in Örebro and I am excited to see it. It looks like every week I will be able to send pictures...that makes me happy. We email every Monday from the church.

Family- The mission president should be sending a packet home to you guys with pictures and information. So, look forward to that. It should be good. And it will have a letter from me talking about my first couple of days.

Örebro is about an hour away from Stockholm and the train ride here was amazing! It is super pretty here. My first night in Örebro we went and played basketball with the Young Single Adults and I met my first investigator! Her name is Djanita who is 20 and from Kosuvoo. I have no idea where that is. Haha. But, she has a bapstimal date of June 18th! And the next day we taught three guys from Africa in english. Which I was very happy about. It is amazing to me how strong the spirit can be felt in our lessons. The church is TRUE!

The people here are super nice and I love the ward. Sunday was a big blur. I couldn´t understand anyone. But, I did know that one of the speakers talked about missionaries. This ward is strong and I can tell that I am going to make some good friends. Especially with the people my age. Because, we have FHE, institiute, basketball, and soccer every week together. We bring investigators to all of those. I love missionary work!

Life
is grand. Pray for me!

Love, Talisa! AKA: Syster Vistaunet

No comments:

Post a Comment