Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sisters going to Sweden and Norway: Syster Vistaunet, Syster Detinne-Cassel, Syster Juker, Sister Ray, Sister Fredrikson (Syster is Sister in Sweden.)

Hello!!
I have been here for one month!!! That means that I have one more month to go. The MTC is great and I am learning so much. This friday we are only speaking in Swedish all day! Each week we teach "investigators" and this last week went really well! We spoke with a lady in Swedish for 30 minutes! I am starting to get the hang of it. The hardest part for me is understanding all the different verbs. I have learned that speaking Swedish is like speaking the language of Yoda. All the sentences are put together in the opposite way we would say in English. One of these weeks I will write some Swedish for you.

Conference is this weekend and I can't wait! I have so many questions that I am excited to have answered. My teacher challenged us to think of 5 questions we had and to write them down and he promised that they would be answered during General Conference. That makes me excited and I challenge you all to do the same. Last week I started writing in my journal a miracle for every day. It is amazing to me how well the Lord knows each of his children and how much He loves them. Sunday was a really good day! It was Fast Sunday, so we had mission conference. Our MTC President Brown gave a wonderful talk on the Atonement. He walked us through Christ's last hours here on the Earth. Very eye opening. I don't think I ever realized that Christ suffered even more than He did while He was in Gethsemane for three hours on the cross. President Brown pointed out that God was closer to Him at the moment of most suffering. I feel like people usually think that that is when God forgets us, but in reality it is when He remembers us the most.

My testimony has grown so much and every day it continues to grow. I LOVE being able to have this much time to really feast upon the words of Christ. I have never read the scriptures this in depth and I now understand why people say it is their favorite book. I am even starting to understand it in Swedish! Ahh.

Last night at the devotional I saw Mr. Mendenhall - my Provo High choir teacher. He was playing the organ and it was very exciting to see him. He is a great man and was really excited to see me too. I LOVE you all and miss you like crazy!!! Be good and sing some Wanda Jackson for me.

Love, Talisa

No comments:

Post a Comment