Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My district.

Hello once again!

Ahh...of course the new Elbow, and the new Sounds come out within weeks of me leaving. I miss music so much!! This past week one of my teachers was talking about Sweden and the music scene there and I said that two of my favorite bands are from Sweden. The Sounds and The Hives. She freaked out! She jumped up and down and gave me a huge hug. Then she told me how much she loves Sweden and the music there. She made my day. It is always nice to get a little taste of the outside world. Even if it's just through singing songs in my head or talking with Syster Ronndahl about the music in Sweden. I love her, she's a great teacher!

I am so happy to hear that my friends still come over to our house, even though I'm not there. I am so grateful for my good friends. Knowing that most of my friends have served a mission really helps me stay focused on the work and brings me comfort when I don't think I can do it anymore. There have been many times I have thought, "Well, if Kamalei, Mat6t, Alex, David, Nate, Danny, Amy, Sarah, Ilse, Jared, Luke, Rob, Tom, Dallin, Steven, and so many more have done this, then I can too!" So thank you friends!! I really look up to you.

This past week has been a lovely week. I feel like I am finally in my groove here and it makes me happy. I am finally feeling able to focus on others and strive to make the MTC a better experience for them. We get three new roommates on Wednesday and I am really excited! Every day here I learn a million new things. I have seen the Lord bless me in areas where I lack and point out weaknesses that I need to work on in order to be more humble. I have faith in the Lord that what I am doing right now is the right thing for me to be doing. I am becoming the BEST Talisa I can be, or the best Syster Vistaunet that I can be. Last night we had a devotional and Elder Costa from the Presidency of the Seventy spoke to us. His wife spoke too. They stressed the importance of being the best missionary you can be and to be the kind of missionary my parents would be proud of. My favorite quote from them was "I am a chosen spirit chosen to serve at this time." It is amazing to me how much I have grown up and how much I want to share this wonderful message with everyone!

This past week we have been learning about how to be the best kind of teacher we can and how to really listen to the Spirit when we teach. I have three teachers here and I love them all. I seriously feel like I am learning more here than I ever did at UVU. Haha. I am grateful for my schooling because I believe it has helped me more than I know. My branch president has stressed how important it is to stay an active member when I get back from my mission. I think the idea of me, one day being a return missionary, hit me today. What I am learning now is going to bless my family and life more than anything else I could be doing. I am very grateful for this chance to give back to the Lord and show Him what I can do! A question that I think would be good to ask ourselves daily is: Am I an active Mormon?

That's all folks!
Love, Syster Vistaunet!
AKA: Talisa

2 comments: