Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's that time..

Hello, World!
This past week I have accomplished some major life goals and because of that I feel like it is now the time to start a blog. So, here I am. Plus, I am going on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in March to Stockholm, Sweden and I want my mom to update my blog with letters.

I will start my very first post with an explanation of the title of my new blog—"Surfing on a Wildcat". Ever since I can remember I have loved music. A talent that I was not blessed with was singing the right lyrics to the songs that I dearly love. One of my favorite songs is called, "Surfing on a Rocket" by the band Air. And if you listen close you can hear them sing "Surfing on a Wildcat". Now, I wasn't sure why anyone would want to actually surf on a wildcat, but I didn't care, I LOVED the song. So, I went on for years singing "Surfing on a Wildcat" and I believe it was my Dad and my dear friend Caitlin who caught me in the act of singing the wrong words. It is now a fun game for my Dad and Caitlin to call each other and talk about what they have heard me sing wrong lately.

And that, my dear friends, is the start of my blog.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful! You really have achieved some major things in the last week and I am so proud of you! Saturday was beautiful and I loved it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that, my dear daughter, is a lovely start to your Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *kristin likes this

    ...so much! i'm so happy you have a blog! i'm adding you to my listings right now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. Such a great name for a blog. You're brilliant. You better be following my blog too. I've only posted twice in the past 6 months, but I have some big plans in store for it. Thanks for mentioning me by name in your first post! Besties! That really is one of my favorite games.

    ReplyDelete